Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMHO, but I think the Red Sox would raise their offer to 8/176 if they thought they had to in order to sign Tex. I believe that the O's or Nats have to go nine years with they want to beat the Red Sox. That is a place the Red Sox will not follow.

Red Sox are still the favorite IMO at this point.

Tex has let Boras handle the negotiation to this point, so I think this goes on for while longer. At least until Boras sees if the O's or Nats will beat the 8/168 that the Red Sox still have on the table.

When did I imply it would solve the pitching problem?

You were responding to my point about prospects, but I guess I should have clarified it by typing pitching prospects.

My original comment was comparing A-Rod signing with the Rangers to Tex signing with the O's. The poster was stating he hoped Tex had learned from A-Rod about signing with a bad team.

You were responding to my point about prospects, but I guess I should have clarified it by typing pitching prospects.

My original comment was comparing A-Rod signing with the Rangers to Tex signing with the O's. The poster was stating he hoped Tex had learned from A-Rod about signing with a bad team.

I think Tex signing with the Nats would be more like A-Rod signing with the Rangers. But yes, I see your point. Touche.

Archived