Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I think it responds to what is posted in the forum. If we talk about the red sox a lot then that advertisement shows up. If we start talking about something else a lot then another advertisement will come up. It is pretty neat actually.

Really? Now I see premium bird spikes. Ouch.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Now I see premium bird spikes. Ouch.

If we start talking about jessica alba a lot. Because Jessica Alba is hot and we all like Jessica Alba. I bet something with Jessica Alba will eventually come up at the bottom. Mainly because Jessica Alba loves google and google loves Jessica Alba. You do know Jessica Alba right? I mean The Jessica Alba.

If we start talking about jessica alba a lot. Because Jessica Alba is hot and we all like Jessica Alba. I bet something with Jessica Alba will eventually come up at the bottom. Mainly because Jessica Alba loves google and google loves Jessica Alba. You do know Jessica Alba right? I mean The Jessica Alba.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :clap3::clap3::clap3: OH YEAH!

But I just saw an ad for "rewriting the record books" so maybe we could rewrite the record books for actually signing a premium free agent!!

Would you believe it even if you read it?:confused:

Wouldn't shock me to be honest. I will explain why. Unlike before when Boras was trying to establish a market, teams now have kind of established it for him. Let's assume that no one has offered 8 years, but that they all have offered 8.

Boston 8/168

Orioles 8/175

Nationals 8/160

Yankees 8/160 (Offer was pulled)

If the Orioles go 8/175 I think they land Teixiera. I think the trick to dealing with his opt out is to back load the contract a bit, then if he walks he loses a portion of the money. Here is a breakdown:

$6 Million signing bonus

09 $17.5 Million

10 $17.5 Million

11 $18.5 Million

12 $18.5 Million

13 $23.75 Million

14 $23.75 Million

15 $23.75 Million

16 $23.75 Million

On the flip side if he waives the opt out then the break down is as follows:

$10 Million signing bonus

09 $20 Million

10 $24 Million

11 $24 Million

12 $24 Million

13 $20 Million

14 $20 Million

15 $16.5 Million

16 $16.5 Million

Wouldn't shock me to be honest. I will explain why. Unlike before when Boras was trying to establish a market, teams now have kind of established it for him. Let's assume that no one has offered 8 years, but that they all have offered 8.

Boston 8/168

Orioles 8/175

Nationals 8/160

Yankees 8/160 (Offer was pulled)

If the Orioles go 8/175 I think they land Teixiera. I think the trick to dealing with his opt out is to back load the contract a bit, then if he walks he loses a portion of the money. Here is a breakdown:

$6 Million signing bonus

09 $17.5 Million

10 $17.5 Million

11 $18.5 Million

12 $18.5 Million

13 $23.75 Million

14 $23.75 Million

15 $23.75 Million

16 $23.75 Million

On the flip side if he waives the opt out then the break down is as follows:

$10 Million signing bonus

09 $20 Million

10 $24 Million

11 $24 Million

12 $24 Million

13 $20 Million

14 $20 Million

15 $16.5 Million

16 $16.5 Million

The Red Sox will not lose Tex over $7M.

Tex may very well pick the contending team if there is only $7M difference.

Archived