Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Go back to Jan. 2023.  Cease had just finished his age 26 season with a 2.20 ERA over the entire season.  Do you think White Sox fans thought he was a young no. 1 in the making?   Having a strong second half is encouraging but it guarantees nothing.  By the way, Dan Szymborski (ZiPS) was asked if ZiPS takes into account the pitchers’ trend line over the preceding season and he said he’d looked at it and couldn’t separate the signal from the noise.

If you asked all the teams in baseball who they would have wanted for just the 2023 season, Cease or some good pitcher coming off a mediocre season, do you think a few might have chosen Cease?

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The interesting point to me is I really only found a poster or two objective. I really hope they get a good haul for Cease. I just don’t want it to be from us.

It was entertaining but it has gotten cringe worthy.  @Chicago White Soxseems to have down from his Basallo Mayo or Kjerstad demand or whatever it was.  They were excited. Now they’re scared.

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It was entertaining but it has gotten cringe worthy.  @Chicago White Soxseems to have down from his Basallo Mayo or Kjerstad demand or whatever it was.  They were excited. Now they’re scared.

This whole thing sounds like the hangout was when we thought Bedard was going to the Dodgers. It was Keyshaw or nothing. 

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Here’s a recent example 

Orioles fans won’t like this but I believe Cease’s value right now is comparable to Luis Castillo in July 2022. The Reds landed 3 of the Mariners top 5 prospects (1 was fringe top 10 in mlb, 1 was top 100 in mlb, 1 was fringe top 100 in mlb) and then a lotto prospect. I don’t think Cease will land a top 10 prospect but 2 in the 50-100 range and 2 in the 100-200 range is certainly possible.

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I politely bowed out of the discussions with them last night.  Probably the scariest thing that could happen over there is if Sports Guy and Roll Tide stopped too.   Then they’d be worried the Orioles have dropped out of the picture!

21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

They want 2 top 100 and 2 others of high quality. It’s obviously the moon. 

I don’t think it’s that crazy of an ask.  

Cowser, Ortiz, Povich, Fabián.   It might be too much but I don’t think it’s bonkers.

One good point they’ve made.  The bust rate on 40-100 type prospects is really high.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I politely bowed out of the discussions with them last night.  Probably the scariest thing that could happen over there is if Sports Guy and Roll Tide stopped too.   Then they’d be worried the Orioles have dropped out of the picture!

Are you kidding?  Lol

They are practically in unison, asking them to leave, put on ignore, or banned.  They will be happy if they don’t see another Oriole fan on their board for the next 5 years.   Of course, you’re probably welcome over there.  They don’t hate you.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They’ll go back to back to hanging on every word of their “insiders” even though Chicago White Sox said that only 2 of them are actual insiders. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Cowser, Ortiz, Povich, Fabián.   It might be too much but I don’t think it’s bonkers.

One good point they’ve made.  The bust rate on 40-100 type prospects is really high.   

Not high enough …. Compare to Reds … Lowder, Arroyo, Phillips, and Petty…..3 55s and a 50. Think Cowser,  Kjerstad/Mayo, Ortiz, Norby.

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, that's bonkers and they will get nothing close to that.