Our farm system is showing promise

Our front office is being aggresive

Our players are kicking ass in the WBC

Our staff is responding to Mazzone (just read the interviews)

The perception that guys dont want to come here is gone.

There is so much talent on this team that is not "crazy" to think this team can be exciting this year and even stay in the WC race.

Despite what some, actually very few, posters seem to feel, this team is headed in the right direction. What a difference 5 months can make.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's wait for the season to start before we print playoff tickets.

And didn't Hidalgo decide he'd rather try his luck in Japan than play for Baltimore?

And didn't Hidalgo decide he'd rather try his luck in Japan than play for Baltimore?

I said challenge for the WC, not buying tickets.

Hidalgo wanted to be here, but he was not worthy to start. Were you serious with that post?

And didn't Konerko take less money to stay where he was?
Hidalgo wanted to be here, but he was not worthy to start.
That's why he hung around for just 4 days? It took longer than that just to get him to sign the deal to come here.

Not really worm-turning.

Really. I enjoyed seeing Loewen hold his own against the US, but for the most part it's not encourgaing that Bedard can dominate SOUTH AFRICA for instance, it's just expected.

Boogie- the point is, we are all excited about the season starting up and anxious to see how our players do. We don't even doubt we might have a winning team. But it's really annoying when every little possibility of optimism is posted about and blown up and exagerated way more than it should be! It actually makes me and other fans, who DO want to be positive about the team, be overly negative to cut down on what we see as grating, flowering sentiment.

Just stay realistic. We're not wild card contenders until we are.

Its funny, really funny actually. As I was posting this positive thread I said to myself "the board is relatively slow....watch some people pounce on me because i gave them such a nice opportunity to do so" Well guys, I just threw you a nice softball, enjoy hitting it.

But even still, this team is on the right path

Things have changed since then. Wow, you found one guy who didnt want to be here. Impressive. You won the argument, I bow to you
Nice quotes in the newspaper aside, Nomar decided to go elsewhere didn't he? How about Paul Byrd? Two more names meet your minimum requirement?

Just who are you using as the basis for your argument that the perception is "gone?" Conine? Millar?

Fine.

Right path= possibilty to have our first .500 season in 8 years.

Not OMG WERE GONNA WIN 94 GAMES I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!

Baby steps. Don't put the horse before the cart. And I think the so called "negative" posters will be more receptive. We're fans but we need to be rationale too. Don't set up straw men if you don't want them knocked down.

Really. I enjoyed seeing Loewen hold his own against the US, but for the most part it's not encourgaing that Bedard can dominate SOUTH AFRICA for instance, it's just expected.

Boogie- the point is, we are all excited about the season starting up and anxious to see how our players do. We don't even doubt we might have a winning team. But it's really annoying when every little possibility of optimism is posted about and blown up and exagerated way more than it should be! It actually makes me and other fans, who DO want to be positive about the team, be overly negative to cut down on what we see as grating, flowering sentiment.

Just stay realistic. We're not wild card contenders until we are.

Rock, please stop already. I am not all giddy because of Bedards pitching. I am enjoying some positive press; I am enjoying hearing good things about our youngsters.

5 months ago we were all depressed, even me (read my threads), but things have improved so much. I dont get caught up in the moment but so many guys on this team make us feel good about the future.

Can you not agree with that?

Nice quotes in the newspaper aside, Nomar decided to go elsewhere didn't he? How about Paul Byrd? Two more names meet your minimum requirement?

Just who are you using as the basis for your argument that the perception is "gone?" Conine? Millar?

I guess you didnt read Nomars quotes

Byrd? Please, who cares

We're like an independent league team in terms of our aquisitions: Young struggling players who want to bounce back and old veterans who want a nice play to end their career.

Archived