How are former O's faring?

TCAlumni9700

Loewen went 1-for-1 today with an RBI single and is batting .333 through two games for Toronto.

Ramon went 0-for-2 with a K today and is hitting .250 for Cincy.

Millar went 0-for-1 with a BB yesterday, DNP today.

Cabrera has not pitched yet in the first two games for the Gnats.

The only one I wonder about is Loewen...could he be the next Ankiel?

I asked one of the guys (an ex-college baseball player) on my softball team that very question last year. He says the odds are very, very long. It will be an uplifting story if it happens, but I wouldn't put large cash on it.

Luis Matos sighting yesterday. He's trying to get a bench job with MIN after playing last season in Yucatan. Anyone know if Payton hooked up with a team?

Payton hasn't even signed a minor league deal with a team yet. There was talk of possibly signing with the BJs depending on Wells' injury.

Ramon isn't doing too bad at all so far for the Reds. I don't really care how he's hitting right now (that's going to go up and down all spring) but I'm very encouraged that he's working well with the Reds pitchers. They all seem to like him too so maybe that whole change of scenery thing really is going to work out for him.

I was at the Nats-Cards game on Saturday in which Cabrera matched up against Chris Carpenter. It was no contest. The 1st 3 hitters against Cabrera hit him solidly: Schumaker singled and went to 3rd on Yadi Molina's single. Pujols then lined a double off the wall to score Schumaker -- technically I guess it was just a single since Yadi was too slow to make it to third before the outfield relay.

Cardinals pitchers no hit the Nats for 5 innings, with the only baserunner being a HBP by Carpenter in the 1st inning. I had to catch a plane, so I left after the 6th inning with the score 8-0; final was 9-2. Dan ended up allowing 2 runs, 1 earned, on 4 hits, in 2 innings. No walks (good), but no strikeouts (bad).

Archived