AL playoff picture

eddie83

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wonder if they won’t be able to line up their rotation due to having to battle so hard just to get in. Whoever we play. 

Ironically this depends on what the Twins do, in part against the Os this weekend. The Os have a bigger hand in the order of WC standings than any other team at this point. 

Might as well lock the Tigers into the 5 seed now. They of course get the White Sox this weekend, while KC gets to go to ATL and play a Braves team that will most likely start the weekend still alive for the third WC in the NL. That’s a tough bit of scheduling luck for them. So WC round likely will be KC @ HOU and DET @ BAL, unless the Twins somehow revive their season that’s on life support. 

Cant say I’m looking forward to playing the Tigers again, although perhaps by Tuesday it will be past time for that worm to have turned. 

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Might as well lock the Tigers into the 5 seed now. They of course get the White Sox this weekend, while KC gets to go to ATL and play a Braves team that will most likely start the weekend still alive for the third WC in the NL. That’s a tough bit of scheduling luck for them. So WC round likely will be KC @ HOU and DET @ BAL, unless the Twins somehow revive their season that’s on life support. 

Cant say I’m looking forward to playing the Tigers again, although perhaps by Tuesday it will be past time for that worm to have turned. 

I say that getting the home field advantage is a big deal. I’m starting to really get a good feeling about this team with Westburg, Urias, Mountcastle and Coulombe back. So I really don’t care who we play. We are going to have to beat the best anyway, in order to achieve the goal. 

10 minutes ago, theobird said:

I say that getting the home field advantage is a big deal. I’m starting to really get a good feeling about this team with Westburg, Urias, Mountcastle and Coulombe back. So I really don’t care who we play. We are going to have to beat the best anyway, in order to achieve the goal. 

I certainly agree on the HFA, never said otherwise.  I would rather play KC than DET, but either of them could easily give us fits.  At least our last memories (fans, not players) vs the Tigers in the playoffs are much, much better than those we have vs KC!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

After last night's events, we now really want the Twins to do well enough to force Skubal/Ragans to pitch again in G162. 

There is an interesting overlap with the fact that we may have nothing to play for in Minnesota this weekend. 

I was so nervous about it being down to the wire, am heading there for Saturday's game (now a night Fox game) with family who are Twins fans and didn't want to get too morose if they were winning the game, as I am prone to do 😄