Lineup vs Lefties

terpoh

Interested to see how Hyde lines up vs lefties after the trade deadline. He’s been pretty pronounced in his preference to platoon lefties, especially the young ones. Will he keep Holliday in vs a lefty? Will McCann continue to catch every game vs lefties? Will Adley get the whole day off instead of DH? Which of Cowser or Mullins sit? Will Slater start every game vs lefties?

I'm afraid Urias will get the auto start as a “mateo replacement.” I think we will see something like this:

Cowser CF

Mountcastle 1B

Gunnar SS

Santander RF

Jimenez DH

Urias 2B

Slater LF

Mayo 3B

McCann C

Edited by terpoh

3 hours ago, terpoh said:

Interested to see how Hyde lines up vs lefties after the trade deadline. He’s been pretty pronounced in his preference to platoon lefties, especially the young ones. Will he keep Holliday in vs a lefty? Will McCann continue to catch every game vs lefties? Will Adley get the whole day off instead of DH? Which of Cowser or Mullins sit? Will Slater start every game vs lefties?

I'm afraid Urias will get the auto start as a “mateo replacement.” I think we will see something like this:

Cowser CF

Mountcastle 1B

Gunnar SS

Santander RF

Jimenez DH

Urias 2B

Slater LF

Mayo 3B

McCann C

Question to me is who is Leadoff. Perhaps it’s Slater. I can’t disagree with your guess. I think Adley plays tonight. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

just posted in lineup thread. I was wrong about Adley. Did get Slater right. Also Jackson not Urias.  

Yup I had 8/9 right. A little shocked he didn’t put Urias in there, guess that means Holliday/Mayo will truly be every day which is good to see. Slater at leadoff is … something.

not having Mateo and Westburg is pretty devastating to our lefty lineups.

Edited by terpoh

2 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Yup I had 8/9 right. A little shocked he didn’t put Urias in there, guess that means Holliday/Mayo will truly be every day which is good to see. Slater at leadoff is … something.

not having Mateo and Westburg is pretty devastating to our lefty lineups.

I think Slater may surprise. Maybe he likes the way Jackson is swinging so he played him tonight. 

• Upvote 1