Should Hyde win a second consecutive Manager of the Year?

Frobby

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

Yeah, but not the same kind of team. The Orioles were probably more fun to manage last year. 2023 was a magical season. Everything seemed to go right.

The Indians are young, athletic, grinders, they execute baseball skills and they even have a little flair out there. They have arms galore. They execute their pitches. They are even hitting home runs this year. 

Have you watched them lately? Not so fun. They were one game over 500 in July and are 9-13 in August. The Orioles are 11-11 in August and were a run under 500 in July. So the orioles have actually been slightly better over the last six weeks despite all the injuries. The Orioles average about 8 or so months older and both are among the youngest teams in baseball. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The last two days of making great pinch hitting and bullpen decisions don’t erase how horrible he has been before that. 

Had he used the pen better earlier in the season would be up about 12 games. Heck maybe 15 plus!!!

11 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Hopefully, this is the worst post you’ve ever made.   I’d hate to think you are capable of worse.

Does anyone get sarcasm. 

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

If somehow the internet were a thing in the 60s through 80s and this site existed, you’d absolutely would have had posters on here asking for Earl Weaver to get fired. 

I’m not saying Hyde is Weaver, that’s not the point. The point is:

Weaver lost the ‘69 Series to what was thought of as an inferior team.

Weaver lost the ‘71 World Series to the Pirates with the much vaunted and ballyhooed four 20 game winner pitching staff.  Can you imagine the outrage on 1971 OH?

Then he took 8 additional seasons to get back to the World Series (HE’S WASTING JIM PALMER!) and blew it against the Pirates.

Couldn’t get it done in the final weekend of ‘82 against the Brewers.  Then JOE ALTOBELLI took the same team all the way in 1983 and I guarantee you’d have people on here saying Altobelli was the better manager and they’d have won more with him all along.

I can only imagine what the same posters here who are calling for Hyde’s head would have had to say if they’d gotten the chance to watch all of Earl Weaver’s shortcomings happen in real time. 

But maybe I’m wrong. Maybe since Weaver got ejected a bunch and “showed a lot of emotion” it wouldn’t have mattered. 

So are you lamenting the fact that there was no internet during Weaver's tenure with the O's or the fact that the OH exists in it current state now? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean they shouldn't express their opinion on a message board. You probably don't like kids on your lawn either. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

So are you lamenting the fact that there was no internet during Weaver's tenure with the O's or the fact that the OH exists in it current state now? Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean they shouldn't express their opinion on a message board. You probably don't like kids on your lawn either. 

I don’t like kids on my lawn. 

People can express their views all they want. The fact that they’re wrong/silly when it comes to wanting Hyde fired when it comes to the slightest bump in the road is their preference. 

But that’s the point. If they’re this quick to put Hyde on the hot seat after this stretch, imagine how upset they’d be at Weaver for losing two out of three World Series matchups and then collapsing with a 3-1 lead in the fourth?

And yet he’s totally adored and beloved. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t like kids on my lawn. 

People can express their views all they want. The fact that they’re wrong/silly when it comes to wanting Hyde fired when it comes to the slightest bump in the road is their preference. 

But that’s the point. If they’re this quick to put Hyde on the hot seat after this stretch, imagine how upset they’d be at Weaver for losing two out of three World Series matchups and then collapsing with a 3-1 lead in the fourth?

And yet he’s totally adored and beloved. 

I'm not arguing your point. But saying your opinion is "fact" and others opinions are "wrong/silly" makes you sound like another poster on here that we all know and love! 

I actually read and enjoy your commentary. Take my comments, for what they're worth, in whichever spirit you may. It all good. I don't like kids on my lawn either. 

2 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Moose, some people get up each morning thinking they are the brightest light bulb in the room when in fact they don't even have electricity yet. 😀

Safe to say I don’t have that problem.  I’m a 40 watt bulb in a 60 watt outlet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jim'sKid26 said:

I'm not arguing your point. But saying your opinion is "fact" and others opinions are "wrong/silly" makes you sound like another poster on here that we all know and love! 

I actually read and enjoy your commentary. Take my comments, for what they're worth, in whichever spirit you may. It all good. I don't like kids on my lawn either. 

Let’s start an anti kids on lawn club. 😂

• Like 1