Don't assume Walker Buehler will fold tonight

Roy Firestone

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I never assume any pitcher will fold when they pitch against us.  I've seen this show too many times in the past.  I can only imagine how Dodger Hangout reacted when we won the Cole Irvin Jack Flaherty match-up.  

This...

The way the offense has been hitting of late, I don't think any pitcher is going to be easy for them. Now could they break out, perhaps, but I don't go into any game thinking the Orioles "should" hit well. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yet averages 5 per game.  It truly defies the laws of physics.

Oh my here we go again wake up..They will score 15 runs to puff the stats then go a week averaging 3 runs a game. Hell most times they seem to be only getting  a,3 hit game . Where have you been bro.n

Right now his hit rate and home run rate are high. Walk rate is respectable, strikeout rate has dropped.

His cutter is currently carrying him. Sinker is also decent. So, if the O's rollover and hit grounders, they're going to be in trouble a la Framber Valdez. 

2 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Oh my here we go again wake up..They will score 15 runs to puff the stats then go a week averaging 3 runs a game. Hell most times they seem to be only getting  a,3 hit game . Where have you been bro.n

It has been and up and down offense.  Not sure what happened to the plate discipline/drawing walks.  Maybe this will be the game the O's get all their luck back on RISP and go 10/12 w/ RISP, scoring 25 runs.  If there's one team I would like to take a series from, it would be the Dodgers, just to show the O's are still a good team. 

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I suspect the O’s do at least as well as the average team when facing struggling pitchers, however that is defined.  But of course, we always remember it when a struggling pitcher shuts down the O’s.  And struggling pitchers do shut down teams sometimes, even good teams.  So, of course there’s no reason to take this game for granted.  The main thing I’d like to see tonight is Burnes back in good form.  

Me too,

7 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Are you ready to give up on this. This hitting sucks bro. 

Winning 1 of 3 from the Dodgers wasn't that bad, it was how the O's played.  The O's were gifted more base runners than earned 4 hits vs 5 walks  plus 2 HBP.  I don't know whether the team doesn't care or just has checked out.  Either one, I have to put on the manager.  I'm sure he'll stay thru the end of the year, but I think it's time for Hyde to go.