Sep 24-26 Yankees Series

Spy Fox

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I agree with everyone who has been frustrated by how poorly this team has played since late June.  They played so well early and it was so fun, and then it stopped and the magic has appeared to be gone.  I attended games in Late August and again in September and went 2-2 in my two trips, but I will say this.

Watching games with a mostly full stadium, in games that matter are so much better than watching meaningless games and checking college football and fantasy football scores.  I follow every day, and feel the same frustrations as everyone else.  But I will continue to hold out hope for the '24 birds.  

And I will continue to be thankful that they are playing meaningful games.  When the games end there can and should be a total inspection and evaluation of everything, in full and in total in order to improve upon whatever the result.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Hope to see Soto make a bad defensive play that costs them one of these games. I would just like to see the bats heat up as we head into the post season. Also wondering if Seranthony is still the closer or will we see a Grayson bullpen appearance? Or might it be a Cano/Coulombe/Seranthony committee depending on matchups? 

Was Cano/Soto/Seranthony tonight. Coulombe spared duty tonight and Webb threw only 5 pitches, Seranthony 7.

13 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Hope to see Soto make a bad defensive play that costs them one of these games. I would just like to see the bats heat up as we head into the post season. Also wondering if Seranthony is still the closer or will we see a Grayson bullpen appearance? Or might it be a Cano/Coulombe/Seranthony committee depending on matchups? 

Tonight it was Gleyber making the boneheaded play--ignoring the 3rd-base coach's stop sign after the throw down to second and robbing Judge of the opportunity to bat with runners on 2nd and 3rd. As Buck might have said, "Lacks game sense."

14 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Tonight it was Gleyber making the boneheaded play--ignoring the 3rd-base coach's stop sign after the throw down to second and robbing Judge of the opportunity to bat with runners on 2nd and 3rd. As Buck might have said, "Lacks game sense."

Chris Young and Harold Reynolds play break down put some of the blame on Soto creating chaos and putting Gleyber in a gray area.

Short Yankee RF, bullet, Gleyber slow - tough spot for 2nd to home, so why was Soto in a mode of keep running until somebody is thrown out?

Gleyber heeded the initial stop sign - Soto just stops at 1st, it is Judge 1st and 3rd.

Kicker is that even if Soto had made 2B, it takes bat even more obviously out of Judge's hands, though you probably still IBB Judge with guys on 1st and 3rd and go at Wells in that spot anyway if they had not run themselves out of the inning.