Hernandez - 5/22 start

orioole28

114 pitches? What the hell! Allenson gonna get a call tonight and it's not going to be pleasant.

I don't think 114 pitches once in a blue moon is anything to be concerned about. Especially on a 23-24 year old arm.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think 114 pitches once in a blue moon is anything to be concerned about. Especially on a 23-24 year old arm.

Nothing wrong with it at all, as long as its not every time he starts. Its nice to see that he can be effective past the normal 95 pitch limit all these minor league pitchers seem to get.....

Be prepared to be :angryfire:. He'll get a no decision after that pathetic bullpen display.

You know if the Tides get the win tonight how much of a injustice would that be, that Miller gets the win!!:cussing:

Even after tonight, DH is still only averaging less than 5.2 IP per game.

That doesn't bode well for him in the majors BUT if the Orioles want to try him up here and see what he can do, I will certainly be excited to see him pitch.

That stat is very misleading. His 1st start he was on a 75 pitch count and he had a start where the power went out and went 5 innings and threw 69 pitches so you really can throw that out the window as far as I'm concerned.

That stat is very misleading. His 1st start he was on a 75 pitch count and he had a start where the power went out and went 5 innings and threw 69 pitches so you really can throw that out the window as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, so let's throw out the first start and one of the starts where he went 5 IP...That means he has averaged exactly 5.2 IP per start...Still, that's not great and again that and the high pitch counts don't bode well for him being able to go deep in major league games.

Quick rundown on what I saw at Harbor Park tonight:

DH - Absolutely dominant. FB sat at 92-94 all night, including in the 8th. Threw mostly FB/Slider. I think he threw at least a handful of changeups. The k's were evenly split between fastballs and sliders. Rochester had no chance. Hernandez worked at a good pace and was all business. Turner booted a slow grounder to lead off the 8th that put DH in the hole. The last batter DH faced that got the RBI single..the pitch before the single was awfully close and should have been his 15th K but was called a ball. He seemed a little upset he didn't get the call on it after giving up the hit on the next pitch. He deserved the win for sure, you can blame that on McCrory who walked 2 of the 3 batters he faced and looked lost command-wise. Miller walked in the tying run, but it was a 10+ pitch AB where the batter kept fouling off pitches.

MW - Looks primed to be called up. Smashed the ball 3 out of 4 times up. Double in the 1st was high off the RF wall (opposite field). 2nd AB lined a frozen rope right to the 3B. 3rd AB scorched an RBI single up the middle. K'd in his last AB.

Salazar also looked good as he was hitting everything hard as well. That guy should really get a chance some time.

All in all, great night at the ballpark. I think it's time the Big 3 becomes the Big 4. Hernandez sure looks to me like he's a front of the rotation strikeout machine. As someone said earlier, I just don't know how the Orioles are gonna sort out all these pitchers. Great problem to have!!!

Ok, so let's throw out the first start and one of the starts where he went 5 IP...That means he has averaged exactly 5.2 IP per start...Still, that's not great and again that and the high pitch counts don't bode well for him being able to go deep in major league games.

You never have anything good to say about him. When he's throwing 70% for strikes that should BODE well!!! There's nothing that Hernandez can do that would change your mind. It's obvious you don't like Hernandez.

Archived