What is Law's guess?

Well, if Scheppers and Crow are separating themselves from the rest of the pack, they won't be available for the O's anyway. That was sort of the point of the post.

The Pirates cannot draft Scheppers unless he signs off on it, from what I've read that hasn't happened yet.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see that happening. I mean I refuse the believe the guy is really dumb, Kurkjian talks very highly of him (I've talked to him a couple times). I just can't wrap my head around some of these picks unless like you said he's just playing around on purpose. It makes no sense to me to project a guy that should be going in the 20-30 range at #4. PIT said the other day that their international fund and Rule 4 draft were separate funds and signing Sano wouldn't impact who they signed at #4 in any way.

I will expect his mock come next weekend to be a lot closer to things since it's so close to the draft and he might actually start hearing whispers from his contacts.

I do know that I am very underwhelmed with the Law/Churchill duo covering the draft, but most of that is from my absolute distaste for Churchill.

Law is no dummy he has a undergrad degree from Harvard and a MBA from Carnegie-Mellon.

Law is no dummy he has a undergrad degree from Harvard and a MBA from Carnegie-Mellon.

Yes but a genius businessman does not a baseball genius make. I know he did some time as an assistant for TOR, but like I said before just the stuff I have seen from him this year has not impressed me in the least.

Archived