Angels win division, honor Adenhart

beaner

I have to separate the Adenhart part of the celebrations, because I love all of that (and think very little of anyone who has a problem with the dousing of the jersey with alcoholic beverages, as the traditional celebration in the locker room).

However, after the last pitch I have to say I think the division-clinch celebrations were a little much. I mean, they won their division, but they have won it four of the past five years now. In the other four, they have an LCS loss and two sweeps in three losses in the division series to show for it. In three years, no one will remember anything about them winning (again, other than the Adenhart connection) unless they get to the Series.

I have to separate the Adenhart part of the celebrations, because I love all of that (and think very little of anyone who has a problem with the dousing of the jersey with alcoholic beverages, as the traditional celebration in the locker room).

However, after the last pitch I have to say I think the division-clinch celebrations were a little much. I mean, they won their division, but they have won it four of the past five years now. In the other four, they have an LCS loss and two sweeps in three losses in the division series to show for it. In three years, no one will remember anything about them winning (again, other than the Adenhart connection) unless they get to the Series.

The last four times didn't involve them mourning the loss of a young teammate and two of his friends, a fan dying after falling in the stands during their opening series at home, several injuries to their starting pitchers, injuries to several of their position players, and a Rangers team that pushed them right up til the very end. This title probably feels pretty sweet for them because it sure seemed like everything was stacked against them earlier this year. I love that they've kept Nick's memory with them for the whole season and I hope they can carry that right up to a World Series title later this fall. Celebrate away guys and I hope Nick and his friends were dancing and whooping it up in heaven too. GO ANGELS. :clap3:

No disrespect to Adenhart but rooting for the Angels is like rooting for the Yankees and Red sox.

I don't want them to win no matter what the circumstances. I hate Scioscia especially.

Just out of curiosity, why the hate for the Angels? They're not exactly a difficult team to like, and it's not like they're our rivals or anything.

The last four times didn't involve them mourning the loss of a young teammate and two of his friends, a fan dying after falling in the stands during their opening series at home, several injuries to their starting pitchers, injuries to several of their position players, and a Rangers team that pushed them right up til the very end. This title probably feels pretty sweet for them because it sure seemed like everything was stacked against them earlier this year. I love that they've kept Nick's memory with them for the whole season and I hope they can carry that right up to a World Series title later this fall. Celebrate away guys and I hope Nick and his friends were dancing and whooping it up in heaven too. GO ANGELS. :clap3:

This is a great post. The Angels have has a very difficult year on and off the field and have come through it all with another Division title.

The Angels have always been my second favorite team and I cant wait for them to beat the Sox and Yanks on the way to the WS.

Just out of curiosity, why the hate for the Angels? They're not exactly a difficult team to like, and it's not like they're our rivals or anything.

Mostly their manager. He just irks me. Their fans are like the bubble headed version of red sox fans. Not as rude, but annoying the same. After the Angels won the WS they and their fans seemed a bit arrogant/snobby. They're the west coast Red Sox imo. And then the whole Los Angeles of Anaheim thing.

scOtt's squEEze was an Angels fan. So that lying piece of crap said...

... so I hope they get destroyed in the first round. This year and forever!

Mostly their manager. He just irks me.

Prior to reading this thread, I had no feeling either way towards the Angels. But, now I:

1) Remember how much I dislike Scioscia.

2) Know that scOtt's squeeze was a lying, good-for-nothing, Angels fan.

The Halos must go down, and they must go down hard.

[but I did think their celebration was pretty darn cool. It's really nice to see how they have carried Adenhart's memory with them all season long. And, it doesn't seem forced or synthesized...it actually seems legit. He must have been a great kind, because his teammates seem to genuinely miss him.]

I believe this falls into the "we must hate all that is successful" category. Come on, really? The Angels?

I posted this as a salute to a great gesture that the Angels took part in after they won the division. Not as another "bash fest" of a franchise that wins more than ours for the time being.

Archived