Adam Jones wins Gold Glove

jerios55

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is official, and while I've my thoughts on the Gold Gloves and Jones and others winning, for now, I'm going to put that aside. I ask that you all do that, regardless of whether you believe Jones or anyone else should, or should not have won. I do so, and say: Congratulations Adam.

Adam Jones is the new face in the outfield. The Baltimore center fielder, whose circus catches were among the Orioles' bright spots throughout the season, dazzled with his gutsy range and strong arm. Ironically, for two years he was one of the young Seattle outfielders whose path was blocked by Ichiro. Then he went to Baltimore in the George Sherrill trade, and now the outfielders reunite on the Gold Glove team.

Here's the blurb..

A baseball analyst just said on ESPN News that Jones didn't deserve the award because some of the other metrics showed Jones as a below average outfielder. UZR was one of the metrics he cited.

He thought the other GG should have gone to the Seattle centerfielder(I forget his name).

Double whammy for Seattle, not only do they get to see the future CFer they dealt away win the GG, he wins it over their current CFer, who was more deserving...

Oh, well as I said it's payback for Bordick and Markakis and others.

Congrats Jonesy!

Congrats to Jones. Did Jeter deserve it this year?

Yes, congrats to Jones, let's hope its the first of many.

Jeter was among the better SS defensively this year according to the stats. There were others ranked higher, but Jeter's award is not a total outrage as it was the other times he won.

Archived