Schmuck: O's getting closer on Millwood

jdmyprez

He never offered that. That was never reported.

The report came from Spencer Fordin, who said the Rangers asked about Tillman, and the talks came from that to Hernandez and Erbe.

That doesn't mean AM offered both for Millwood. It just means they talked about those guys.

Don't people get how negotiating works? Of course Texas is going to ask about Tillman. And they will discuss a ton of guys before settling on a deal. People think this stuff just materializes out of nowhere.

Well, according to T.R. Sullivan at mlb.com, we did offer that and it was reported.

And yes, I get how negotiating goes, I've done quite a lot of it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, according to T.R. Sullivan at mlb.com, we did offer that and it was reported.

And yes, I get how negotiating goes, I've done quite a lot of it.

If AM really offered both Hernandez and Erbe then that really opens up a whole new can of worms on AM's vision and negotiating tactics.

Texas has a offer on the table of Smoak and Feliz for Josh Johnson so I doubt any of those two are in the discussion in this trade.

Wow, I hope Michael Hill isn't too busy making that trade that he can't finish selling me that oceanfront condo in Oaklahoma. I was really looking forward to my feet in the sand this summer.

If that is true than AM should be on the phone offering Tillman, Hernandez and Bergesen for Smoak and Feliz.

I guess they are going into win-now mode. Or they have a LOT of confidence in their lower minors. Well that and they are seriously in money trouble, so I guess it's gotta be a cheap legit ace they are after.

I guess they are going into win-now mode. Or they have a LOT of confidence in their lower minors. Well that and they are seriously in money trouble, so I guess it's gotta be a cheap legit ace they are after.

Shoot. Offer those two to Theo for Lester. Watch BOS gobble them up then turn around and sign Lackey.

How'd you like to see this staff/infield in BOS?

Beckett

Lackey

Buchholz

Matsuzaka

Feliz

Martinez, C

Smoak, 1B (somepoint next year/2011)

Pedroia, 2B

Scutaro, SS

Youklis, 3B

Shoot. Offer those two to Theo for Lester. Watch BOS gobble them up then turn around and sign Lackey.

How'd you like to see this staff/infield in BOS?

Beckett

Lackey

Buchholz

Matsuzaka

Feliz

Martinez, C

Smoak, 1B (somepoint next year/2011)

Pedroia, 2B

Scutaro, SS

Youklis, 3B

Absolutely frightening...if you're an O's fan.

Then add in signing Holliday, and you have an OF of Holliday, Ellsbury and Drew on top of that? Ew.

No joke -- that's why I am quite doubtful this is true. What money conscious team doesn't jump at six years of Feliz/Smoak????

I agree. If that offer was made to the Marlins you would have to believe they would be all over it. Maybe they are playing hardball to have another 10-15 range prospect thrown into the deal. My first though was "Do we have any players not named Matusz that the Rangers would be interested in sending Smoak this way for?".

I would send Tillman and Erbe packing if the return was 6 controlled years of Smoak. I will take my chances with Bell at third and the 2011 free agent pitchers market if I had to.

Archived