Schmuck: O's getting closer on Millwood

jdmyprez

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds ok I guess. Decent (at best) guy to get us through the year and hopefully we'll make a real splash next year. I know I'm going to get crap for that statement because we "say it every year". But there's no denying that next years' FA SP are a little better than this years...

I spoke to my friend at the warehouse and he said this is not definite yet. The Rangers want a reliever and a stsrter for Millwood. I guess it depends on how much salary we pick up. Also said Bedard is their number 1 pitching target and wouldn't mind coming back. I guess it depends on medical records and other teams interests. At least we have something to talk about. I still hear the Orioles want to make one trade and one free agent signing by the end of the week.

I am ok with Millwood so long as it doesn't cost us Arrieta or Britton.

You don't have to worry about that one. No way MacPhail is trading either of those for Millwood. I'm curious to see who would we give up for him and how much salary Texas picks up.

I also think it's kind of funny that pretty soon after this article comes out about the O's not doing much at the WM that these Millwood rumors start picking up.

You don't have to worry about that one. No way MacPhail is trading either of those for Millwood. I'm curious to see who would we give up for him and how much salary Texas picks up.

I also think it's kind of funny that pretty soon after this article comes out about the O's not doing much at the WM that these Millwood rumors start picking up.

I will go out on a limb and predict that they offer Berken and Steve Johnson.

I spoke to my friend at the warehouse and he said this is not definite yet. The Rangers want a reliever and a stsrter for Millwood. I guess it depends on how much salary we pick up. Also said Bedard is their number 1 pitching target and wouldn't mind coming back. I guess it depends on medical records and other teams interests. At least we have something to talk about. I still hear the Orioles want to make one trade and one free agent signing by the end of the week.

Have you spoken with Tony or other mods to be vetted? Just curious.

I just realized that I received negative rep for this comment?! Really? I just asked a question to see if anyone had heard of this poster (which is an OH rule as I understand it).

If we could get Millwood for someone like Patton or Berken, that would be an awesome pickup. He's a quality, proven, consistent Major League pitcher. And he's pretty durable. Sure, he's got flaws - a lot of balls in play go for hits, etc. But what a pedigree (Atlanta, etc.). Just coming from that old Atlanta pitching mill is a plus, to me.

Would be interesting to bag him and Harden.

Harden

Millwood

Bergeson

Guthrie

Matusz

Then when Harden's arm falls off, you'd still have a solid veteran to lead the staff, and you would bring up Arrieta or Tillman and keep 'em rolling.

Have you spoken with Tony or other mods to be vetted? Just curious.

You! With the information. Stop right there!

geez, believe the guy or not, but is there really a need to go thought police on folks? It's just kind of creepy and fascist.

Archived