NCAA Tourny expanding to 96 teams??

ccbird

In terms of general fairness in finding out who the "best" team is, the NBA playoff system is the much better route, although much less exciting.

Totally agree. I was just speaking of the regular season and it's importance towards making the playoffs though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is actually a very fair argument. Personally, I love the tournaments because it's more basketball and still gives a last ditch shot for every team in the league to gel at the right time of year and make a run.

However, I can completely understand the argument that the regular season champ gets the bid. I wouldn't want the CAA (or others) to switch back to that, but I can see that side of the argument.

BTW....Cornell is really good. They could be looking at a 6 or 7 seed.

Well, there goes that. Cornell looked really, really bad last night (I was covering the game for the Daily Pennsylvanian). And Penn is not very good this year. Hopefully for the Ivy League that was just a fluke because I'd really like to see an Ivy team make the second round. The Big Red were very underwhelming last night, that's for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived