ACC Quarterfinal Matchup

Who would you rather play in the ACC Quarterfinals?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather play in the ACC Quarterfinals?

• #7 Georgia Tech
    • #10 North Carolina

For their quarterfinal game, the Terps will play either the #7 or #10 seed, which will be either Georgia Tech or North Carolina. Given the choice between the two, which one would you rather play against?

I feel a trap as possible with either, but I'd imagine the vote to be in favor of Carolina, being that Georgia Tech took us down to a buzzer beating shot to win. Carolina has looked completely disinterested to close out the season, and they just got destroyed by Duke in Cameron.

Given the close finish with Tech earlier in the season, I vote Carolina, but a part of me still says that despite their poor season I don't want to sleep on them pulling an upset in the tourney.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tech had the Terps beat in Comcast and killed them on the boards. I would not look forward to seeing Favors again. Go Heels!

Considering Tech may need to beat us to go to the NCAA's I much rather face a less hungry UNC.

I have a feeling we'll lose to either one, which won't necessarily be a bad thing. I think we have a better chance of beating UNC though.
I don't think Carolina could even come close to beating us.

GT will be a tough match up for us, though. I think we'd still clearly be the favorite, but they could beat us.

I don't think Carolina could even come close to beating us.

GT will be a tough match up for us, though. I think we'd still clearly be the favorite, but they could beat us.

-We looked tired against a Virgina team that was reeling worse than and is less talented than UNC

-We have a history of not playing well in the ACC tourny.

-UNC will feel pretty comfortable in Greensboro.

It's a lock we'll at least get pushed in our 1st round game.

-We looked tired against a Virgina team that was reeling worse than and is less talented than UNC

-We have a history of not playing well in the ACC tourny.

-UNC will feel pretty comfortable in Greensboro.

It's a lock we'll at least get pushed in our 1st round game.

I'll gladly take that bet if its against Carolina. I think we smoke them.

GT would be a tight game, though.

Archived