Most valuable players in baseball

Scrat1

Zobrist might have an argument if he can repeat last year. He can put up offensive and defensive production all over the field.

I think Mauer and Pujols are expensive, but since both are (relatively) young and are arguably the best two players in the game, they would have to be pretty high on the list. Especially Mauer as a catcher, along with Brian McCann (averaging $8 million a season over the next four).

Pujols and Mauer are my top two. Utley is a big favorite of mine, but I don't think he is going to age as well as Pujols. Longoria and Wright would be ahead of Utley for me. Lincecum is my first pitcher and in the my top 10. I would probably put Troy Tulowitzki in my top 10 somewhere.

I'd say Mauer or Pujols. Those guys seem to represent much more of their team than some of the other names mentioned so far.

Longoria might be good (we got a good dose of that this week) but I think it's skewed. If the O's had played StL and you would have seen Pujols mash for 2 homers 4-5 and 4 runs on opening day, I think you'd might be saying him.

More so, Mauer has 2 batting titles in the last 3 years. Hometown kid. Loves th city, etc. etc.

I like Longoria if we're talking about building a team today. But I'm not sure I take him first.

Theres an argument to be made for Pujols, Mauer or Longoria. Longoria is going to be a superstar and Mauer already is. Both play premium positions, Mauer even more so. Puljos however is the best in the game. Mauer is also locked up and has a the hometown appeal.

Tim Lincecum and Halladay on the pitching side?

Theres an argument to be made for Pujols, Mauer or Longoria. Longoria is going to be a superstar and Mauer already is. Both play premium positions, Mauer even more so. Puljos however is the best in the game. Mauer is also locked up and has a the hometown appeal.

Brian Matusz:D

Probably Halladay for the year. But Lincecum for his career. Halladay is getting to be on the wrong end of the age spectrum. A combination of youth and performance it's tough to get better than Lincecum.

Archived