5/18: Royals at Orioles

PaulFolk

horrible managing once again. Take out one of your best hitter for a small increase in speed on the pads (and i do believe small). Then send the guy with a whopping 2 SB running with 2 outs while the heart of your order is still up...

Sooooooo done with this mismanaging.

Sigh

WRONG....Well done that time.

You are so wrong.

Sigh.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
horrible managing once again. Take out one of your best hitter for a small increase in speed on the pads (and i do believe small). Then send the guy with a whopping 2 SB running with 2 outs while the heart of your order is still up...

Sooooooo done with this mismanaging.

Sigh

What bothers me the most (aside from Izturis's "tell" on the 1st pitch) is that the attempted steal was completely predictable. You remove Wiggy in that situation for speed you have essentially committed yourself to sending him in that situation. So they throw fastballs early in the count to give themselves a good shot at throwing him out. And Kendall is kicking ass in that department this year. I didn't like the move. All of Trembley's small ball moves also tells the players he doesn't believe in them. Ah well.

Why is Ohman coming out?

I agree, this makes no sense. After Betancourt, the next two hitters are both lefties. And Ohman struck out the one batter he faced. Why take him out? Ridiculous over-managing by Trembley.

Archived