Cal the Analyst

tywright

Cal, Frank and Ernie are doing a great job. All three are very well-spoken and have interesting things to say, especially since Frank has faced a lot of these pitchers this season.

I just hope Cal doesn't get too enamored with his new position and forget to buy the Orioles.

Gwynn was supposed to be doing games, not in the studio. I assume we will see him in Cleveland today since we have not seen him yet.

I agree Cal has been great, but I think he is much better suited for the studio job than in the booth calling a game. I admire Cal as much as anyone but he is a very cerebral guy who I think would just come off as dull breaking down every pitch, every game. The better role for him is watching the game, noticing something in particular and then having 2 minutes or so to talk about that one thing in particular.

Gwynn was supposed to be doing games, not in the studio. I assume we will see him in Cleveland today since we have not seen him yet.

I agree Cal has been great, but I think he is much better suited for the studio job than in the booth calling a game. I admire Cal as much as anyone but he is a very cerebral guy who I think would just come off as dull breaking down every pitch, every game. The better role for him is watching the game, noticing something in particular and then having 2 minutes or so to talk about that one thing in particular.

I agree, very insightful. With Cal in the studio and Nick on the Under Armour commercial, the O's are getting more face time on National TV then all season!

By the way has anyone been watching Nationals pitcher Mike Bacsik on ESPN? I remember folks commenting about how composed he was being interviewed after giving up 756, and he is wonderful (and pretty blunt) on tv now. He has a real future after his playing career, and is another godsend compared to the usual talking heads on that network.

Archived