I will be very happy if we draft Taillon

I know this has been said before by many others, but I will be thrilled if we take Taillon with our first pick. After last year when I didn't feel there was anyone worthy of 1.5, I like that we could end up with a player who is easily worthy of 1.3.

And since all the rumors point to the Pirates passing on him, the Pirates better not change their mind. That would be a huge disappointment at this point.

I know this has been said before by many others, but I will be thrilled if we take Taillon with our first pick. After last year when I didn't feel there was anyone worthy of 1.5, I like that we could end up with a player who is easily worthy of 1.3.

And since all the rumors point to the Pirates passing on him, the Pirates better not change their mind. That would be a huge disappointment at this point.

I would be very pleased to find the O's taking Machado, though -agreeing with you- I'd prefer Taillon to anybody-- outside of Bryce Harper. My Top Five remains firm...

1. Harper

2. Taillon

3. Machado

4. Colon

5. Whitson

All I know is Taillon is sounding more and more elite. I am a bit confused how I am reading many places now that Taillon may be better than Beckett was at the same time, yet he isn't getting the true "elite" label. Oh well, to me he is the 2nd elite draftee in the draft.

Taillon will bring into our system something we still haven't had in it since what, Mussina? McDonald? A pitcher who PROJECTS to be a #1.

And I agree Machado is very talented and would still be a good pick at 1:3, but I am simply blinded by the possibility of us taking Taillon which really makes me not want anyone else but him.....

I have read in articles with Tallions's coach where he states that Tallion is the best player he has ever coached or seen. The guy coached Drabek in high school and said he is more dominating then Beckett was at the same age. His private pitching coach who coached Scott Kazmir and Homer Bailey stated something along the same line of him being the best he has ever seen. His direct quote was “You find yourself in awe of him,” . The thing i like best about him is that as good a baseball player he is it seems like he is an even better person.

I am pretty entrenched in the Jameson Taillon camp to and would certainly be discouraged if he's gone or for that matter passed on.

I keep asking myself if not Jamo, then who?

Manny Machado- He's the consensus though I've my own questions.

Drew Pomeranz-For some reason people have shied off him but not me.

Chris Sale- Seems like a reach but this is another talented Lefty.

Christian Colon-I will believe it when I see it, however he isn't a pure projection.

Meanwhile I am biting my nails over this draft. I won't knock the Matt Hobgood selection from last year. However losing the second round pick for Mike Gonzales is absolutely unforgivable. Their are going to be some very talented players that the Braves will have the honor of choosing from thanks to Andy McPhail's stupidity on this one.

Lastly I really hope that the team is able to go over-slot on it's later choices as it will somehow have to recoup fan interest and fast. That said "Fast" isn't exactly an operating term for the baseball draft. This club needs help!

I really have a feeling that if Tallion is off the board you could see the pick being Matt Harvey. He has been linked to us. I just dont think we take Machado. I think we are higher on Colon. Just my opinion, im really really hoping for Jamo.

Archived