I miss the balanced schedule...

glenn__davis

Watching some of these other teams play makes me realize how little I know about the rest of the league. When I was a kid I never really knew the NL all that well. Any knowledge I had from them came from baseball cards, since the O's never played any of them.

But at least I knew all the AL teams. Now I can tell you the entire rosters of the teams in our division, but I know very little about the rest of the teams in our league. I just think it stinks that if you want to see another team, you have one or possibly two chance to do it.

Do the rest of you prefer the balanced or unbalanced schedule? Is there any chance that we'll return to the balanced?

Ha, if you think it's bad now, imagine what it was like when the leagues had 8 teams. 154 games/7 opponents = 22 games against each team.

In theory it makes sense that if you're competing against the teams in your division for the division title you should compete against them more often than the other teams. All of the other big sports league arrange it this way.

But I concede that in practice it arises to a few problems.

Archived