Angel's GM Out

Tank

It'll be interesting to see if this makes it any easier to get any of their prospects. Stoneman seemed to overvalue his prospects, but the new GM is going to be the old director of player development so who knows. Does this move by the Angels surprise anyone? I thought Stoneman was a good GM. Any chance he comes here?

He is probably out for failure to make the move for the big bat.

Not surprising....They have needed to do something the last 2 years and he has held onto guys that aren't helping them win now.

Maybe it turns out to be good for the future but on the other hand if those guys don't pan out, they could be in trouble with some of the contracts they are locked in to.

He is probably out for failure to make the move for the big bat.

Not surprising....They have needed to do something the last 2 years and he has held onto guys that aren't helping them win now.

Maybe it turns out to be good for the future but on the other hand if those guys don't pan out, they could be in trouble with some of the contracts they are locked in to.

True. And Rosenthal just said Stoneman will stay with the Angels as a consultant during the Red Sox/Indians game.

Regardless of any criticism of holding onto prospects, the guy did a tremendous job. He took over a mediocre organization, turned it around into one of the top organizations, won a WS, has won the west 3 of the last 4 years, and has one of the best farm systems.

Regardless of any criticism of holding onto prospects, the guy did a tremendous job. He took over a mediocre organization, turned it around into one of the top organizations, won a WS, has won the west 3 of the last 4 years, and has one of the best farm systems.

Hey, I think he did the right thing by holding onto his prospects. The Angels will be much better off in the long run because he didn't trade Wood and Adenhart for Tejada. I'd have loved for that to happen, but I wouldn't have made a trade like that if I were him, either.

100% agree but more could have be done the last 2 years....I think that hurt him.

Hey, I think he did the right thing by holding onto his prospects. The Angels may be much better off in the long run because he didn't trade Wood and Adenhart for Tejada. I'd have loved for that to happen, but I wouldn't have made a trade like that if I were him, either.

Fixed that for you...Adenhart took a step back this year I believe and Wood could end up being Dallas McPherson...Tejada is much more of a guarantee than these guys.

Fixed that for you...Adenhart took a step back this year I believe and Wood could end up being Dallas McPherson...Tejada is much more of a guarantee than these guys.

Tejada also has declined much more than you're willing to admit.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to start this up again. Just sayin'.

100% agree but more could have be done the last 2 years....I think that hurt him.

He made a good offer for Tejada, and apparently went after Manny, I can't fault him for failing to get those guys. It was wise not to up the offer for Miggy imo. It's not like there were many good options for a legit big bat.

Their lineup was actually quite good this year, 4th in the AL in runs, so I think he's gets knocked too much for the lack of another big bat. There really wasn't a weak spot in their lineup this year, and that was despite the injury to Rivera, who was their 2nd most productive hitter in 2006.

Are you saying you would have made that offer if you were the Angels GM?

There's no way in hell I would trade two top 25 prospects for a Tejada, who really wouldn't have been much of an upgrade to their lineup anyway.

He made a good offer for Tejada, and apparently went after Manny, I can't fault him for failing to get those guys. It was wise not to up the offer for Miggy imo. It's not like there were many good options for a legit big bat.

Their lineup was actually quite good this year, 4th in the AL in runs, so I think he's gets knocked too much for the lack of another big bat. There really wasn't a weak spot in their lineup this year, and that was despite the injury to Rivera, who was their 2nd most productive hitter in 2006.

Good points but still, the perception was there that he wouldn't make the big move to add another big bat to go with Vlad...Had he upped the offer and gotten Tejada or Manny last year, he may still have his job.

Are you saying you would have made that offer if you were the Angels GM?

There's no way in hell I would trade two top 25 prospects for a Tejada, who really wouldn't have been much of an upgrade to their lineup anyway.

I think they should have added Kotchman last year. Kotchman/Santana/Aybar and i think that would have been a done deal.

He had been hurt...They had Morales to play first or they could have gone after someone in the offseason.

And no, i wouldn't have traded Wood and Adenhart last year but i am not so sure i would say no to that this year(not saying i would say yes either).

Archived