Red Sox/Padres Talking AGon Trade (UPDATE: Trade done)

MrOrange82

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Machado, Hoes, and Klein, that is our 1st, 3rd, & 6th prospects.
That's not a legitimate comparison when you take national regard into account. The Red Sox have/had better players in their system, regardless of intra-organizational rankings.

Plus the fact that Machado and Klein aren't eligible to be traded.

I was reading on the Sons of Sam Horn site and people there are posting that the trade isn't happening because Boston won't go past 6 years. If so, I wonder if San Diego tries to work something out with someone else, or just wait it out.

I guess we'll find out in 20 minutes or so. I'd be a little surprised if it didn't happen. Maybe they'll be satisfied with Werth and Beltre.

I was reading on the Sons of Sam Horn site and people there are posting that the trade isn't happening because Boston won't go past 6 years. If so, I wonder if San Diego tries to work something out with someone else, or just wait it out.

They said they wouldn't if it fell through.

The 2 pm deadline on a-gon window may be "soft" as baseball understands the significance of player and situation. Overtime may be ok.

Translation: MLB is going to give a team they deem important all the time they need to get this deal done. Next.

Archived