Reynolds soon

wvw011166

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, I was looking around for a DBacks version of the Hangout and I stumbled across this place.

One guy had this to say:

Josh Bell completely flopped for the Orioles, so there is a hole at third base for Reynolds to fill. However, the problem is that there is a shocking lack of parts for the Orioles to send to Arizona in return. There aren't any third basemen or corner outfielders worth including, and no high-upside relievers to speak of except possibly Jason Berken. In fact, the only piece that might be worth dealing for is Adam Jones, who hasn't progressed like expected but still is a nice 2.5 WAR player with enough physical tools to still have upside.

Jones is headed to arbitration for the first time this year, so he'll be scheduled to make some nice money, but he has three years of control remaining, whereas Reynolds only has one. So even though Reynolds is the better player, it's hard to argue that the D-backs should be asking for much more than Jones in return for Reynolds. If he can benefit from a jump to Chase Field and the NL, and provide plus defense in left field, he would be a plenty-sufficient return for Mark.

CRAZYTALK! :eektf:

Maybe one of Simon/Vandenhurk/Pelzer. I'd have to believe Hernandez would be the centerpiece and not a complementary part.

Sounds right, they probably want someone who has either pitched in the bigs like Simon/Vandenhurk or is close like Pelzer. And I agree with ya that if he's traded, DH is gonna be the centerpiece of the deal for the D-Backs.

Keep in mind we only have so many chips to deal and we still need to trade for a SS and likely will have to trade for an upgrade in LF or 1B.

If Reynolds is the best we can do, then you might pull the trigger, but not until you see what SD wants for AGon, Milwaukee for Fielder, Minnesota for Hardy, Nats for Willingham etc.

And you pursue Beltre aggressively still because it would be nice to keep those chips for an upgrade elsewhere.

You can trade players that aren't on the 40 man roster.

Yes, I know under normal circumstances that you can, but he was not added to the O's 40-man so he is eligible for the rule 5 draft. If he is traded to AZ, can they then add him to their 40-man or is still available for the rule 5?

Archived