Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

This is what confuses me. Why would they prefer him? I think they prefer Lee, but feel Lee is less likely to sign, unless he has no other options.

Because obviously by now, Andy realizes that Laroche will get the money elsewhere, and that it's time to move on because there's no use thowing beef jerky to a lion, when he's about to slay a bigger meal. Lee could be bought. You throw the 2 year deal at him, he bites. And I've heard on this board alone about 100 times that "I'd rather offer Lee a 2 year deal, than Laroche a 3 year deal" Now's the time to see if Andy's listening

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you basing this on? Most reports suggest they will re sign Vlad. If they do sign Lee, then Vlad will be available.

Ever think the Rangers would sign both? You gotta understand, they WILL spend the money, aren't paying for Cliff Lee, and would like to get back to glory again this year again. I say them adding a 1st baseman and a DH that they know well, is not crazy at all, especially since Lee would be foaming at the mouth to play for a contender opposed to a loser, and could be had for 1 year at minimal money

If the Rangers re-sign Vlad, I can't see them signing Lee unless he agrees to a low salary. I think they are more likely to sign a right-handed platoon partner for Moreland. I think they are pretty happy with him.

Well by you being right in this situation, works better for the Orioles, so here's to hoping you're right:beerchug1:

I think your wrong, but really hope your right. I'd love to see us trade for Loney and let LaRoche and Lee sign elsewhere.

You and I are on the same page. I would absolutely love to trade for Loney. I prefer that we trade for a young high upside first baseman, and Loney would be right at the top of my list.

I would much prefer Loney to the other two. The Dodgers have spent quite a bit of money this off season and they have said they are unhappy with his performance. He is due to make ~$5.25m in arb. If Lee would sign a 1/8 with them and we took on his entire salary we may get him pretty cheap.

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling that Lee will probably end up with the Dodgers...

I say the Rangers. There's alot of talk on the Ranger's board, and fans demanding that they sign Lee and platoon him at 1st, over signing Vlad for like $10 million a season . Rangers will get him. Laroche will sign with the Nationals. And now there's even specualtion that we didn't offer Laroche the rumored 3/21 (Gee, I was surprised). We better start thinking about what we're gonna do as Plan D, because A / B / and C are about over. Thames and Branyan and let's move on. Thames was rumored a while back to have a possibility of being traded here when Roberts was in every linked trade rumor. I liked Thames then, and definitely think we better start thinking about what we're gonna do. Lee and Laroche aren't coming here

I say the Rangers. There's alot of talk on the Ranger's board, and fans demanding that they sign Lee and platoon him at 1st, over signing Vlad for like $10 million a season . Rangers will get him. Laroche will sign with the Nationals. And now there's even specualtion that we didn't offer Laroche the rumored 3/21 (Gee, I was surprised). We better start thinking about what we're gonna do as Plan D, because A / B / and C are about over. Thames and Branyan and let's move on. Thames was rumored a while back to have a possibility of being traded here when Roberts was in every linked trade rumor. I liked Thames then, and definitely think we better start thinking about what we're gonna do. Lee and Laroche aren't coming here

So....a Rangers message board says they want Lee, and you believe that they'll get him because of that?

Gee, I want Pujols and Roy Halladay. Can the O's get them?

So....a Rangers message board says they want Lee, and you believe that they'll get him because of that?

Gee, I want Pujols and Roy Halladay. Can the O's get them?

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that some teams value what their fanbase prefers, and with the lack of people in Texas screaming that they MUST have Vlad, it could make it possible that their FO might consider a more cheaper route with Lee. And I've been called abrasive.:laughlol: But while were at it, I'd love to have Halladay and Pujols also. Thanks. Please read between these -----------

Not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that some teams value what their fanbase prefers, and with the lack of people in Texas screaming that they MUST have Vlad, it could make it possible that their FO might consider a more cheaper route with Lee. And I've been called abrasive.:laughlol: But while were at it, I'd love to have Halladay and Pujols also. Thanks. Please read between these -----------

1. Lee and Vlad will cost about the same.

2. No front office works that way. That's a pipe dream made up by fans to seem more "a part" of the team.

You cannot be serious. Really, you cannot honestly think that.

Archived