MD vs Wisconsin

murph

Maryland started well and then has taken a nap for the last 10 minutes or so, not even sure why the offense is so flat.

Trimble has been a nonfactor again so far and now that Wisconsin is in foul trouble really need him driving the lane.

Don't have a good feeling about this game.

Wisconsin has the luck-o-meter pegged to 10 with 3 point shooting. Also, Maryland picks tonight to go cold at the foul line.

Of course it's classic Maryland. As soon as you start to talk about them being good at something. They prove you wrong.

Right on both counts. And maybe a good time for MD to get a kick in the butt and realize the full game effort which will be needed going into March.

Right on both counts. And maybe a good time for MD to get a kick in the butt and realize the full game effort which will be needed going into March.

I only started watching after halftime. I'm pretty sure I've seen them miss 10 foul shots.

I hope your right. I think that high ranking has made their heads swell.

Wisconsin has the luck-o-meter pegged to 10 with 3 point shooting.

Helps when a lot of them are wide open threes. Surprised more teams don't capitalize against us.

Not sure what the hell happened to Trimble. Normally such a smart and in control player: he was the total opposite today. Comically bad.

Look, Wisconsin is hot and hit their threes but we did our normal sleepwalk through the first half routine and it finally cost us. This team needs to WAKE THE EF up if they expect to do anything come tourney time.

That was pretty awful all around except for Sulaimon who played his guts out.

Stone should have been ejected. I think it was a split second thing so I don't think it warranted a suspension, but he absolutely should have been kicked from the game.

Nickens has to be taken out of the rotation. He is so in his head that he is useless at this point. Brantley should get his minutes.

Carter played pretty well defensively.

Layman played hard, but missed a lot of shots early.

I lost count of how many shots we missed that we normally make. There were over 10 shots at the rim missed. Free throws were terrible.

I think we have to acknowledge something is wrong with Trimble. He has almost no lift at all and it is killing his scoring game. He was some kind of terrible tonight. It was bad.

Finally, Dodd is the WORST perimeter defender I've ever seen. His is so scared that players are going to go around him that he just gives the shooter the old wave while backpedaling. It is awful. He was personally responsible for 5 of their made three pointers and he only played about 15 minutes.

Nickens regressing at the same time Trimble is struggling is very bad news. Trimble definitely has some sort of leg issue. His lift is just gone.

The next couple weeks could be ugly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree about Brantley. He isn't one dimensional like Nickens is offensively. He does drive the lane fairly well.

As bad as the game was, I did like what I saw out of Brantley. Seemed very active on defense, provided another ball handler. If he had made his two 3-point attempts it very well could have completely shifted the momentum in the second half.

I have to laugh at Lunardi and his bracketology. No way this outfit is a number 2 seed. It would get destroyed by Oklahoma or most decent top 4 seeds.

Oklahoma has now lost 3 of their last 4 including a Kansas St team that is 4-9 in their conference and a Texas Tech team that is 6-7 in theirs.

Every team in the Top 20 except Villanova has a loss that is worse than the MD Wisconsin loss (or the Michigan loss).

The AP Poll equates MD to a #2 seed; the Coaches Poll equates MD to a #2 seed; RPI equates MD to a #2 seed. So why shouldn't Lunardi call them a #2 seed?

The rest of the schedule, particularly with games against Purdue and Indiana, is an opportunity to solidify a #2 and maybe even squeak into a #1 if other teams keep losing... (the #3, #4, and #5 teams all lost yesterday) or, of course, lose and move down.

Archived