Orioles Talk

Michael "weams" Williams memorial Orioles chat

• If he has been injured all this time, why are they still letting him play? After a month of poor performance with an injury, they should have sat him. EDIT - Screw a month, 2 weeks.
    • And McCann is our worst RHB facing a dominant lefty with reverse splits. You have to think a K is a high likelihood.  And then to send him up there with Ramon on 3rd, you have to expect the same outcome.
    • I don't like hearing that a catcher has a back issue -no matter how big or how small it is- at age 26.  
    • IMO he made two decisions that were clearly wrong, pitching to Witt and not PR Holliday, to go along with a couple others I didn’t agree with but are certainly debatable. There is no doubt that the game was lost because the bats couldn’t push a run across, but everyone has a job to do, and like the batters, Hyde didn’t do his.
    • I use the StatCast search function. It’s a little more complicated for chase rate, ground ball rate, popup rate, and sweet spot rate because you need to adjust selected pitch attributes/outcomes as well as total pitch definition and then use % of pitches. I believe popups are categorized by stringers and generally capture balls that an infielder could catch.  I believe Adley’s fly balls have gotten can of cornier even without the popups.