• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The contract will also include a no-trade clause for the first three seasons, according to sources close to the negotiations.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!

While this does scare me a little bit, who else do we have on the horizon to replace him at 3B? We do not have a single 3B prospect in the minors, so it would have to be a FA. If this is what it took to keep his average salary down (only 8M per year), then I'm ok with it.

While this does scare me a little bit, who else do we have on the horizon to replace him at 3B? We do not have a single 3B prospect in the minors, so it would have to be a FA. If this is what it took to keep his average salary down (only 8M per year), then I'm ok with it.

I would rather give him 10 million a year than give him a full NTC.

Hopefully this is not a full NTC.

According to the article, the NTC is for the first three years, but if he performs well and has value in the fourth year, we could pick up the option and then trade him either prior to the season or at the trade deadline during the season. I'm not thrilled with the no trade provision, but it would not have been a deal killer for me.

According to the article, the NTC is for the first three years, but if he performs well and has value in the fourth year, we could pick up the option and then trade him either prior to the season or at the trade deadline during the season. I'm not thrilled with the no trade provision, but it would not have been a deal killer for me.

Pretty wishful thinking we would even want to pick up his option in his 4th year or that he would have alot of trade value.

I would rather give him 10 million a year than give him a full NTC.

Hopefully this is not a full NTC.

Given our reluctance to sign give sign free agents to big contracts the past couple years, I would rather save that 2 M to go towards getting a legitimate 1B or a #1 starter if none of our young guys do not develop into one.

Given our reluctance to sign give sign free agents to big contracts the past couple years, I would rather save that 2 M to go towards getting a legitimate 1B or a #1 starter if none of our young guys do not develop into one.

The Orioles don't do that.

There is some risk in a no trade clause. However, the price is fair and it's a reasonable thing to do for a guy who really likes it in Baltimore and has put down roots here. If things really get bad, he can always waive it.

I like having some stability and am happy to have Melvin in the fold.

Archived