• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 5.5k views
    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 81 replies
    • 5.4k views

• Ole buddy emptied out the bag of tricks in the bottom half though. Hit and run, followed by safety squeeze. That’s gold. No real idea why Jobe was in there, in a one-run Game 4. But CLE made it happen.
    • You mean like not letting Cowser face lefties all year, even though he hit them in the minors, and then having him take the biggest at bat of the entire season against a leftie?   Someone is obsessed with L/R & R/L matchups, even in the face of reverse splits, to the detriment of the team.
    • I think Soto has a good chance to at least earn most of a 500 million deal.  He has 7 years to go before he reaches Trout's age, which is more than half of his projected deal.  If he continues to average around 6 WAR a season for that time period he will earn about 3/4 of his deal by the time he's 32.  If he goes bonkers and puts up 8 win seasons like he did in 2024 he'll practically make the entire contract before that time.   I absolutely think it's worth it to pay him a little bit of a premium to maximize our chances while we have the band together on a historically good run of draft picks.  Elias (or any GM)  is pretty unlikely to draft 3 straight ROY candidates + numerous complimentary pieces again; even before the anti-tanking rules were put in place this run of farm system success is pretty unprecedented, and required a lot of good fortune.  Now that you can't get a top-5 pick more than twice in a row and you're not even guaranteed one if you have the worst record in the league it's going to be really hard to rebuild via 1:1 with 120 loss seasons.
    • Vogt’s pitching decisions are pretty baffling in this one. With a day off tomorrow (or 5 months off tomorrow), he’s trying to squeeze outs out of guys who aren’t his best. Tries to get cute with Bibee instead of going to his uber-pen, and gets burned. Tries to sneak Herrin in there for the 8th instead of using Clase for 6 outs, and damn near got burnt again. Herrin is a good pitcher, but good God man, don’t blow the game in the 8th inning with the best reliever on the planet watching from the pen.
    • I wasn't focused on the regular season, but more of what seems to be working in the playoffs right now.  Again, realizing the there are some guys being switched out, I just feel like we were more extreme with those substitutions.  I realize it was only 2 games for us in the playoffs, but is it better to bat someone who has been in the flow of the game or a guy who stands in the other batters box?   But my main point it, maybe the O's should try to acquire/develop guys who can be successful regardless of who is on the mound, and not awful against either a righty or a lefty.