What kind of year should we expect from Seth Smith?

Frobby

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I love his swing -- really smooth and easy.    He's going to thrive at OPACY.  

Professional hitter.  

If he's in there against just RHP (as he should be) it's hard to imagine him finishing the season south of .800.  Maybe we can squeeze an .850 out of him with the generous dimensions in Camden. 

15 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Professional hitter.  

If he's in there against just RHP (as he should be) it's hard to imagine him finishing the season south of .800.  Maybe we can squeeze an .850 out of him with the generous dimensions in Camden. 

The HR he hit tonight is a long out in Safeco or Petco.

It would not surprise me to see him thrive like Trumbo did after his move.

12 minutes ago, VeveJones007 said:

Loved the move at the time and still love it now. It's the type of bat that plays perfectly for OPACY.

Good chance to go down as one of Duquette's best transactions.  I still don't know how he talked the Mariners into it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

o

3 out of Smith's 7 home runs so far this season have been to lead off the game.

(vs. CARDINALS, 6/18)

NUMBER 7

GARRY SETH SMITH

GARRY SETH SMITH

GARRY SETH SMITH

GARRY SETH SMITH

GARRY SETH SMITH

GARRY SETH SMITH

GARRY SETH SMITH

o

Seth is having about the kind of year we all thought he would.  .800ish OPS.  Playing adequate defense in the OF (significant improvement on Trumbo).  

Wonder what he might fetch at the trade deadline?  Strong side platoon outfielder.  Probably has a little more value that Steve Pearce did at this point last year.  Maybe you can get a decent lower minors prospect for him.  

13 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Seth is having about the kind of year we all thought he would.  .800ish OPS.  Playing adequate defense in the OF (significant improvement on Trumbo).  

Wonder what he might fetch at the trade deadline?  Strong side platoon outfielder.  Probably has a little more value that Steve Pearce did at this point last year.  Maybe you can get a decent lower minors prospect for him.  

"Maybe a decent lower minors prospect" only works for me if the team decides to shed some salary and tank September.

Archived