GAME THREAD: The Mariners' Quest to end their 16-Game Losing Streak

OFFNY

Tonight would be a good night for the Mariners to end their 16-game losing streak.

MARINERS

Ichiro Suzuki – RF

Brendan Ryan -SS

Dustin Ackley – 2B

Miguel Olivo – C

Justin Smoak – 1B

Franklin Gutierrez – CF

Mike Carp – DH

Greg Halman – LF

Chone Figgins – 3B

Doug Fister – P (3-11, 3.30 ERA)

YANKEES

Brett Gardner – LF

Derek Jeter – SS

Curtis Granderson – CF

Mark Teixeira – 1B

Robinson Cano – 2B

Nick Swisher – RF

Jorge Posada – DH

Eric Chavez – 3B

Francisco Cervelli – C

C.C. Sabathia – P (14-5, 2.62 ERA)

17 losses in a row now. A BIG help from blue on a crucial call in the 8th inning. Sabathia walked the first 3 batters of the inning. He got yanked for Robertson. On a 3-1 count, Robertson threw a pitch that is not even close ....... and is called a strike. Instead of a walk, a run, bases still loaded with no outs and the 4th consecutive walk by Yankee pitching, Kennedy strikes out on the 3-2 pitch, and a potentially huge inning nets the Mariners only 1 run. It's not just how many bad calls there are, but when the bad calls are made.

Ahhhhh, my thread was off by one game. :o Still, it was nice to see the Yankees lose to a team that was riding a 17-game losing streak. :)

Yeah, except the '88 Birds' mark still stands at 21 howeverrrrrrrrrr. At least we have a record! Funny stuff on the MLB last night talking about that Oriole team. John Hart was a third base coach for the O's. Rosenthal, who was a rookie reporter for the Sun, said after one game when journeyman Ken Stone got hurt, they asked Mgr. Frobby if Stone would go on the DL and Robby said, "I don't know, but I hope so!"

Archived