MLB.tv vs. Extra Innings Comcast

RandyM

Anyone have any opinions?

MLB.tv premium is 119.99

iPad app is 14.99

HDMI Converter 39.99

Total 175.99

Comcast Extra Innings

Who wins in HD content? Last year comcast only has 2 HD channels each night. Does MLB.tv have more?

Is the feeds pretty choppy? Don't want constant buffeting.

MLB.tv has a nice ability to show 4 games at once. Also, nice that is transportable. Thoughts?

MLB.tv is great, but remember you are blacked out of in market games. So you can't watch the Orioles on it in the MASN region.

HDMI converter? It works best streaming though a PS3, xBox, Roku, Apple TV, etc. You can certainly plug your computer into your TV, but its a bit cumbersome. If you can, I suggest looking into a media streamer. This is the future.

MLB.tv is great, but remember you are blacked out of in market games. So you can't watch the Orioles on it in the MASN region.

HDMI converter? It works best streaming though a PS3, xBox, Roku, Apple TV, etc. You can certainly plug your computer into your TV, but its a bit cumbersome. If you can, I suggest looking into a media streamer. This is the future.

Can you stream on the Xbox now? we havent been able to do that before.

I'll toss in a plug for MLB TV. The features are so much better than Extra Innings. Condensed games, different audio feeds, ability to watch highlights and replays of games and plays on demand, etc. are just great. Also, I'm streaming through my PS3 and have no issues with lag, buffering, picture quality, etc.

Also, if you are a gamer, buying MLB The Show 2011 gets you a free one month MLB TV trial.

Archived