Q & A with MacPhail

8ripken2131

I don't know if I can handle such a drop in prestige and perception!

Hey, at least we'd be hustling!!!

You can afford to be young offensively if you pitch well and play good defense. That's the problem w/ the D-Rays, their pitching (bullpen) is atrocious.

Hahahaha I just called someone else's bullpen atrocious!!!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, you really can't say it makes zero sense if you don't know the whole story behind shopping these players. We can still build around cheap young pitching and trade some of it for other pieces. It really all depends on what the team does as a whole with the trades this offseason. We could very well be aquiring some young arms as well.

Trading pitching for an established star is the kind of move a team makes when it's almost a competitor. We're nowhere close.

We're in no position to be deciding which of our arms are hits and which are misses if they're under 25 and we're in last place.

Why risk him getting injured/not having a good start to the season?

If we get a deal that is of our liking then sure he would be dealt before season but if not he would be on the team and we'll have to see you needs a big push into the playoffs and hope they blow us away.

If we get a deal that is of our liking then sure he would be dealt before season but if not he would be on the team and we'll have to see you needs a big push into the playoffs and hope they blow us away.

Belkast, no offense buddy, but that sentence made roughly 24 percent of the sense.

I'm more of the thinking that you get more in the offseason since teams can replenish positions they give up. Let's say the Dodgers for instance are in a playoff hunt, good luck getting them to give up their starting 1st baseman and LF!

Archived