I don't think he'd have any trouble whatsoever. He could play a good college shortstop if asked to.

Cool, I'd heard he plays great in the field, I was just curious if it was just throwing noodles at a wall or if there really might be something to it. Rendon at 2B could be an Utley-like impact player there, I'd expect that to give him a little boost in his draft stock. (like Ackley as a 2B as opposed to a LF) I haven't seen much of his defense in action though so it was hard for me to imagine. Thanks :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if Rendon has to go to second, that takes some luster off of his stock because he would be moving from third.

I don't think so. Teams have considered moving him to 2nd outside of a "need" to move him off of third base.

Why does Pittsburgh need a 2B? So far this year, Walker is the best player on the team and he's a 2B. They've already moved him from C to 3B and now to 2B. Now that he's producing, why would they move him again?

Why is there such mystery around his shoulder injury? I've heard it was a strain but it seems as though no one knows for sure.

He released medicals to MLB Scouting Bureau but not yet to teams. Some teams will get to look at the medical records closer to draft time.

Why does Pittsburgh need a 2B? So far this year, Walker is the best player on the team and he's a 2B. They've already moved him from C to 3B and now to 2B. Now that he's producing, why would they move him again?

He's never been consistent enough as a prospect for me to say he's the answer. I've seen him in the minors, sometimes he's up around .300 with 10 HR, and other times he's around .240 with 5 HR. No reasons for it at all, just doesn't look like he's going to be a long term answer. Could be wrong I don't follow him too closely, but Rendon is a WAY better player.

He's never been consistent enough as a prospect for me to say he's the answer. I've seen him in the minors, sometimes he's up around .300 with 10 HR, and other times he's around .240 with 5 HR. No reasons for it at all, just doesn't look like he's going to be a long term answer. Could be wrong I don't follow him too closely, but Rendon is a WAY better player.

Anyone who picks Rendon won't have a problem finding a place on the team for him. For Pitt, the only question to me would be whether they view pitching as a bigger need/better bet in this draft, and then who that pitcher would be (Cole, Hultzen, Bundy).

A lot of the focus in this thread is on what PIT will do, but it's hard to see Rendon slipping past Seattle either way.

Seattle's grabbed a lot of top college talent.

Ackley, Rendon and Smoak is a nice trio for them.

Seattle's grabbed a lot of top college talent.

Ackley, Rendon and Smoak is a nice trio for them.

Yeah that's why I think they go Rendon or a college P. I could see them pairing Cole or Bauer with Pineda and Felix for a division winning rotation. Really depends if they think Rendon will stick at 3rd or not.

BTW if Rendon is there for the Orioles, they have to take him. You don't get a chance at that type of positional talent, especially at one of the weakest positions in baseball.

People were talking up Taillon but Bundy is supposed to be better, so you can always get a good arm in the first round. The bats like Rendon are few and far between.

Archived