What if...

Rendon didn't have the injury and he slipped to the O's, yet they passed on him to take Bundy? What then?

I'm not saying that I don't like the Bundy pick now... just that with the hype that Rendon had last year (to the point of wishing losses on the big club), they didn't take him, even when available.

What's your point? I think you should just give it up. I haven't seen any experts question this pick. In fact, it's been universally praised as a phenomenal pick.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Yet another highly ranked executive told me that Dylan Bundy (picked by O's) regarded by his organization as most talented guy on the board.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Longtime evaluator on Bundy: "He is the best pitching prospect I have ever seen. I think he's better than Strasburg (in his draft yr.)"

Give it a rest man. It was a great pick.

Bobby V. on the MLBTV draft coverage near the very end of Day 1 [paraphrased from memory]: "If you're the Baltimore Orioles, you've got Dylan Bundy. And you know your AL East opponents have 20 picks between your Bundy pick and when you finally pick again with the 64th pick. So, [laughs from several panel members with a tone of genuine sympathy] Baltimore, enjoy Dylan Bundy!"

Bobby V. on the MLBTV draft coverage near the very end of Day 1 [paraphrased from memory]: "If you're the Baltimore Orioles, you've got Dylan Bundy. And you know your AL East opponents have 20 picks between your Bundy pick and when you finally pick again with the 64th pick. So, [laughs from several panel members with a tone of genuine sympathy] Baltimore, enjoy Dylan Bundy!"

Bobby V, enjoy that ESPN position b/c you won't be anyone's manager and it's all b/c of your personality.

Archived