IT's back...and there is NO escape from it....

Blizzard1090

With the return of Derek Jeter...the hype begins again for his 3,000th hit. PLease, just let him get it so we don't have to hear about it anymore.*

*At least it's a player I have respect for but still, I'm sick of hearing about it already.

With the return of Derek Jeter...the hype begins again for his 3,000th hit. PLease, just let him get it so we don't have to hear about it anymore.*

*At least it's a player I have respect for but still, I'm sick of hearing about it already.

I really hope to god he doesn't go into some massive slump at 2999 like A-Rod did at 499. I couldn't take the constant coverage.

Jeter has 6 to go and we play them at the end of July in New York. That gives him about 20 games to get 6 hits.

I think he'll get it by then, thank god. When he initially went on the DL, I immediately thought he'd come back and do it vs. the O's.

The MLB Netowrk game tonight is the Yankees and Indians with the YES feed. When Kay asked their poll question "What do you love most about July Fourth," I SWORE he was going to replace the last two words with "Derek Jeter" based on how the first two innings went. Brutal.

Jeter has 6 to go and we play them at the end of July in New York. That gives him about 20 games to get 6 hits.

I think he'll get it by then, thank god. When he initially went on the DL, I immediately thought he'd come back and do it vs. the O's.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that.

I'm just hoping that if he has to make it to 3,000 , that it doesn't happen against the Orioles.

I bet it'll happen. He'll have some flare-ups from his injury and he'll be slow getting back anyway. It'll take some time and then he'll get his 3,000th against us.

Normally 6 hits in 20 games shouldn't be a problem for him but I dunno...he's slowing down, the injury, etc. Especially if there's a chance he'll get it at home...with our luck, I bet it happens against us.

I bet it'll happen. He'll have some flare-ups from his injury and he'll be slow getting back anyway. It'll take some time and then he'll get his 3,000th against us.

Normally 6 hits in 20 games shouldn't be a problem for him but I dunno...he's slowing down, the injury, etc. Especially if there's a chance he'll get it at home...with our luck, I bet it happens against us.

With Buck's recent history with Jeter, he'd earn major points with me if he intentionally walked Jeter for all his plate appearances.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that.

I'm betting plenty of us thought that. I know I did. And the only thing worse than him doing it against the O's in New York would be him doing it at OPACY. I would actually not watch a single one of those games if that scenario came up, history or not.

Archived