vs. TIGERS 9/23

OFFNY

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like we're going to have to sweep the Red Sox and hand it to them on a silver platter.
That would be absolute GREATNESS if we swept Boston and knocked them out of the playoffs on the last day of the season or something. Can you imagine? That would be like our equivalent of winning the World Series!

It looks like we're going to have to sweep the Red Sox and hand it to them on a silver platter.

If we actually do that, and they go to the playoffs instead of Boston, you might see a few Rays fans treating the Orioles as their second-favorite team next year and semi-root for them. :P

Kinda like what I do with the Nats.

That would be absolute GREATNESS if we swept Boston and knocked them out of the playoffs on the last day of the season or something. Can you imagine? That would be like our equivalent of winning the World Series!

It would certainly make MLB and sports news headlines everywhere: "Surging Orioles push flailing Red Sox out of the playoff race" :)

I think it would be even better if we swept the Red Sox and forced them to play a one-game playoff against the D-Rays. Drag it out a little, milk it for all of the attention that it's worth.

Well, I can't complain about Eyre at all. :)

He had an even cleaner inning than our much-loved closer, Jim Johnson.

Maybe the hitters are getting tired, or maybe Eyre is just filthy.

I think the reason he's called Willie "Eyre"/"Air" is because when hitters try to hit his pitches they hit nothing but "air"... OK that was a really awful pun sorry

I think it would be even better if we swept the Red Sox and forced them to play a one-game playoff against the D-Rays. Drag it out a little, milk it for all of the attention that it's worth.

Which would be fine, if the Rays were to actually beat them. But to be perfectly honest, I don't think the Rays "have it" right now. They might not even be able to beat the Sox on one of the Sox' bad days.

But back to the Orioles.... go, Nick! Go! :smile11:

Archived