And Buster Olney takes a little shot as well

ChaosLex

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree 100%, but to me, as of right now, we've actually steered away from the scrap heap. It's sad, but the things we haven't done this offseason are also some of the more encouraging things. We've still got a couple of months to screw it up though...

I guess I'm just confused by what he wanted us to do. Should we have offered Fielder 10/250? Or would he have been mad about that as well?

I guess I'm just confused by what he wanted us to do. Should we have offered Fielder 10/250? Or would he have been mad about that as well?

Amen. And had we chosen SG's path by trading Jones, Gut's etc, that would have helped us down the road but it wouldn't have addreseds what Buster thinks...

Unfortunately, he is correct. We can't compete with the bigger market teams for free agents.

In other news, neither can the Pirates, Royals, Rays, Padres, Athletics, Mets, Nationals, Astros, Indians, etc .

It changes up sometime, but the economics of today's baseball is truly unbalanced. I think some of the new CBA changes will alter it back more than you know. Owning a RSN is a great thing and the next ten years will show that well. Live sports is one of the last places advertisers can go to target and know hat their message gets heard.

Archived