Connolly: O's still looking to acquire bat

Os84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, if the price is low I don't see the problem with adding another bat. Competition is good. If they can sign Ramirez or whoever for one or two million, I think it's a reasonable move. Maybe Ramirez has nothing left and it ends up being wasted money. But it's possible he can still be productive and give the Orioles a decent threat in the regular lineup or off the bench.

Now if they overspend for one of these guys, that's a different story.

That's a head scratcher. I don't know where we'd put another bat. Manny or Damon would have made (a little) sense before we signed Betemit. There's no decent 3B or 1B options left out there. Maybe another OF? But it seems like we're packed out there.

Haha the Orioles suck so bad.

Outstanding contribution to the thread.

If the O's add another bat, ideally it would be someone who can hit lefties and can platoon with Betemit at DH. Hopefully not Manny, though. Maybe the O's would take a chance on Magglio.

Oh, make NO mistake, I will go so far as to call Damon a LOCK now....:eektf:

But when it happens, I will repost his exceptional lifetime OPACY numbers to try to reduce our pain level and remind everyone that his zany swing plays almost as well here as it does in the new Bronx stadium. Still though.....

Outstanding contribution to the thread.

If the O's add another bat, ideally it would be someone who can hit lefties and can platoon with Betemit at DH. Hopefully not Manny, though. Maybe the O's would take a chance on Magglio.

I agree on the RH DH platoon. We are only talking about 150 200 PA so whomever it is they will have to be cheap. Likely suspects, Ordonez, Thames, or Manny.

You can smell it in the air. Doesn't matter who our GM is or what year it is. Catch a whiff of Dumpster Diving for Bargains in Birdland! Courtesy of Peter Angelos. Will it be Damon? What about Manny? Or how about a Vlad or Ibanez? Just gives me goosebumps.

There are rich and there are poor teams. Then there's 50 miles of crap and then there's the O's.

Archived