ORIOLES vs. PIRATES 3/5 (Game Two)

OFFNY

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully it's wrong, but it's 27 pitches that allowed 6 hits to the Pirates after one of the worst statistical years ever for a pitcher. I find it hard to criticize anyone for feeling hopeless.

Just drives me crazy... 1 day into the spring training schedule, how can you draw any conclusions about how well Matusz will do this year? Even if he retired 6 up 6 down, it wouldn't mean that all his problems from last year are gone.

Just inane.

I've said it a bunch of times, but they smoothed out his delivery and he's ordinary now. The hitch he had two years ago made him hard to time as a hitter. I think they've been so focused on him getting his velocity back that they've forgotten that he's most effective when he slows down his delivery.

91 isn't going to blow anyone away. He needs to get that curve ball he had back two years ago. The first hit wasn't a big deal. But you need him not to give up those two hard hits after that. Than he threw a couple right down the middle. I saw nothing. Matusz does not look like he has anything right now. If he does'nt get his curve back like he had before he is done.

You're right. You should give up on him, especially after 27 pitches in the first spring training game.

I am sure his historically awful last season might be in the original posters mind when he posted that.

I am sure his historically awful last season might be in the original posters mind when he posted that.

Whatever. Doesn't make it any less inane. To say "I give up" after the first spring training outing is as reactionary as it gets. If Matusz has a horrible spring, so be it. But how can anyone have any idea whether "he is done" on March 5th?

Archived