Biggest surprise team this year

Easternshoreguy2

Normally i would say Orioles but we have been successful early in the season before..I would say the biggest surprise failure to this point is the Tigers and the Cardinals are a bit of a surprise just because many felt that after losing Albert they would struggle.

What are your thoughts?

I didn't think Detroit was that good at the beginning of the year. Past their superstars, they're pretty thin. They play in a poor division though, and Cleveland and Chicago will both falter soon.

The Nats have to be up there. Their starting pitching was supposed to be pretty good but they are way exceeding expectations.

The clear answer to me is the Dodgers. They're 30-14!! I didn't see them even being a .500 team this year.

Yeah, the Doyers are doing a great thing, I didn't expect much there.

Cleveland leading their division is unexpected, I thought DET would run away with it.

The clear answer to me is the Dodgers. They're 30-14!! I didn't see them even being a .500 team this year.

The Dodgers finished real strong last year and the division isn't exactly strong. They didn't really lose anything in the offseason either. I'm surprised their record is as good as it is, but not surprised to see them in first place.

I think that the Dodgers might beat us in the World Series this year.

I could live with that.

Biggest upside surprise is the Orioles. Hands-down I think. The Dodgers were over .500 last year and play in a relatively weak division.

Hard to choose a "biggest" downside surprise. The contenders would have to be Detroit, Angels, and Arizona. Milwaukee has been worse than most thought.

I definitely expected a strong slide back from the Cardinals losing Pujols, but they've held strong out of the gate. The Indians aren't that surprising since they did start out hot last season, but the question is whether they can keep it up all year. Detroit will turn it around. I struggle to believe a team paced by Prince Fielder, Miguel Cabrera, and Justin Verlander will not turn it around and be in the hunt at the end of the season.

The Dodgers are definitely surprising given everything that has gone on with them over the last 18 months. They've been doing it with pretty bad contributions from 1st, 3rd, and left field. But, they can pitch and in that division even with league average they can definitely run away with the division title, and probably put up a good shot at the pennant.

Archived