Bedard and the Reds(again)

weemnj

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? I would rather have Saunders than Botts...You can get lots of guys like Botts on the waiver wire.

Really? I would think Botts lifetime .390 OBP in the minors would be something hard to get. I don't consider Saunders and Miller much, I guess I am wrong.

I don't think Mora would waive his NTC for the Reds. From everything I've read, he wants to remain on the east coast, hence the Phillies rumors.

I think if we acquire Votto, it's not unrealistic that the Reds would take Millar along with Bedard.

I would like to see AM offer the Reds an extension window if Bruce were included.

If we can get Votto, Hamilton and Bailey we will have made an excellent deal IMO. We would not be able to get both Cueto and Bailey because Cueta is seen as Bailey's replacement. One of the two is fine with me. If we could get a Stubbs or another pitcher thrown in,it's a great deal.

After reading this analysis, no way would I accept Bailey as part of the package. Cueto is very intriguing but ANY deal for Bedard with Reds MUST include Bruce. BTW, very interesting post - one of the best I've read here in years. Lots of great comments by everyone .. :)

After reading this analysis, no way would I accept Bailey as part of the package. Cueto is very intriguing but ANY deal for Bedard with Reds MUST include Bruce. BTW, very interesting post - one of the best I've read here in years. Lots of great comments by everyone .. :)

What is your concern about Bailey, his groin?

What is your concern about Bailey, his groin?

I'm not wild about his minor league numbers. Seems like a #3 type and we have a bunch of those already. If I give up Bedard, I want two very solid positional players with All-Star talent (Votto and Bruce) and then we go from there as far as the pitching goes. I just don't like Bailey and I know I'm in the minority here ... :)

I'm not wild about his minor league numbers. Seems like a #3 type and we have a bunch of those already. If I give up Bedard, I want two very solid positional players with All-Star talent (Votto and Bruce) and then we go from there as far as the pitching goes. I just don't like Bailey and I know I'm in the minority here ... :)

Oh I see him as a potnetial 1 or 2. His BA against isn't as dominant as you would expect but his strike outs to IP are excellent and he's only 21. that means he was putting up many of these numbers as a teenager.

Watch Bailey throw a ball. You will quickly change your mind about him being a #3.

Bedard for Bailey, Votto, and Cueto is on the table?!?! What in the world are the Reds thinking? Jeez, I 'personally' love this deal. I'd make that swap today, no Bruce needed. I'm with everyone else, throw in a Penn or Olsen to go with Bedard and gimme Encarnacion. And now we see why I don't run a front office! :D I know I'm missing alot of 'technical' crap here about Bruce and someones groin and someones minor league stats and this and that but whatever man...just get this deal done.

Bedard for Bailey, Votto, and Cueto is on the table?!?! What in the world are the Reds thinking? Jeez, I 'personally' love this deal. I'd make that swap today, no Bruce needed. I'm with everyone else, throw in a Penn or Olsen to go with Bedard and gimme Encarnacion. And now we see why I don't run a front office! :D I know I'm missing alot of 'technical' crap here about Bruce and someones groin and someones minor league stats and this and that but whatever man...just get this deal done.

What's your source on this? I haven't seen anything indicating that offer is on the table.

I'll repeat the deal I put in another thread...its a little bizarre, but could work.

Bedard and Markakis for Bailey, Cueto, Votto, Bruce, and Encarnacion.

I think Bruce has a higher ceiling than Nick. I love Nick on this team, and I'm just throwing this deal out there for discussion.

We get two pitchers who could combine with Loewen and others to form a very formidable rotation.

Again, please don't look at this at me wanting to get rid of Nick. I'm looking at the long term stability of this franchise.

Archived