Bedard and the Reds(again)

weemnj

MLB rumors has another bit about this possibility---Bedard for Bailey, Cueto and Votto---whatta ya" think?

The feeling on their site is Hamilton and Encarnacion(sp?) are spare parts---could we add an Olson or a traded for E Santanna and have these 2 included as well?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLB rumors has another bit about this possibility---Bedard for Bailey, Cueto and Votto---whatta ya" think?

The feeling on their site is Hamilton and Encarnacion(sp?) are spare parts---could we add an Olson or a traded for E Santanna and have these 2 included as well?

Wow! Bailey, Cueto, and Votto would be a nice haul. I'd certainly "sweeten the pot" to get one of Hamilton or Encarnacion.

I definitely want Hamilton back.

Give em Penn or Olson to "sweeten the pot" as clapdiddy says.

Yeah...with both Cueto and Bailey in the fold, we could afford to give up one of those guys with no problem.

Imagine this deal, combined with a Roberts to Chicago deal that could net us Gallagher. The young arms we accumulate could make a trade for a big stick possible this time next year.

Yeah...with both Cueto and Bailey in the fold, we could afford to give up one of those guys with no problem.

Imagine this deal, combined with a Roberts to Chicago deal that could net us Gallagher. The young arms we accumulate could make a trade for a big stick possible this time next year.

I was thinking BOTH Santanna (obtained for Miggy) AND Olson for Both Encarnacian and Hamilton. Then BRob for Patterson, Cedeno, Murton and Gallagher--- . The Reds would probably win that division and we would end up with a fresh start.

Not a chance that Cincy does that deal. Bailey and Cueto will not be given away in the same package. Quite frankly, after being at Redsfest for the last two days, I'm more inclined to think that Ceuto and Bailey will both be starting for the Reds this season if they do great in spring training. The management and coaches are all just waiting to see how they do before they make any decisions for sure. Votto could get moved, one or the other of Bailey or Cueto (more likely Bailey), and an outfielder of some kind but it won't be half the top prospects in the Reds farm system. That's just my very strong suspicions from my two days at Redsfest.

I read this too on MLB Rumors. AM should jump all over this and GET IT DONE before they change their mind.Wake up Andy!!:)

Sickels just did the Reds top 20. Needless to say, they are loaded.

http://minorleagueball.com/story/2007/12/7/16485/6608

If Bailey and Votto are the centerpieces, you could add Drew Stubbs to round it out.

I think the Reds could be a match.

Wow, he ranks Cueto (A-) higher than Bailey (B+). Any deal involving both of them would just be straight nasty.

If that deal is on the table, which I doubt it is, it will be tough for anyone to top.

Don't count out the Reds yet...Krivsky likes to work under the radar...If he caves and puts Briuce on the table, they will get Bedard IMO.

Would you do the Bedard and Penn/Olson for Bailey, Cueto, Votto, and Encarnacion?

I truly think this deal would be incredible for us...and yes...I know I'm repeating! :D

Jay Bruce isn't going anywhere. And for whatever it's worth, most Reds fans online are mentioning that they don't think it's worth it to give up a huge amount of the Reds farm system without getting Bedard signed to a longer term deal. I kind of agree with that because it would really suck to mortgage the farm for a guy who won't sign with the Reds for a longer amount of time.

BTW-Cueto threw over 200 innings this year for the first time in his career at the age of 21, something Erik hasn't even done yet at age 28. I still think Bailey would go first in a trade if the Reds actually do something to get Bedard because they seem really high on Cueto right now. I can easily see him making the team out of spring training this year. He's actually gotten better as he's moved up to each new level. :)

Archived