vs. RAYS 6/1

scOtt

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You all think you're bummed by this -- I'm going to be at the next two games to watch us get thrashed some more!

Sell your tickets to some Rays fans. I don't think you could give them away to an Orioles fan right now. Hell, even if you said "here, take the free tickets and I'll pay for as much food and beer as you want, too", nobody wearing orange and black would take them off your hands. You may as well tear them up. Or get a refund, if you can?

I have to admit, I was wrong to get my hopes up about this team. All the people who preached patience and a "wait and see" attitude, the folks who said we'd return to career numbers sooner or later, were 100% correct and on target. There is no magical orange bird in the sky -- it's just about ability. And we only have ability in April and May. Period. PERIOD. There's nothing else to say except that the Orioles will never, ever, EVER become a playoff team ever again, nor have a winning record on the season. It's simply baked into the organization, as much as winning every other world series is baked into the Yankees.

MLB never changes.

I am now rooting for the opportunity that the Orioles might exit the season with fewer than 100 losses. We do have that opportunity, and it could happen. But I wouldn't bet money on it.

Archived