vs. ATHLETICS 7/27

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't. The fact is, both Teagarden AND Thome looked terrible. They both have batspeed issues. It's a simple fact. And tonight, those enormous deficiencies are heightened against a good FB/CH pitcher.

Thome is embarrassing himself.

WEll what do I know. I looked it up and Thome has been an excellent changeup hitter throughout his career. You can see how his bat has slowed against the fastballs though over the last two seasons.

For his career? Sure. I wouldn't read too much into pitch values over a small sample this year.

I won't. The fact is, both Teagarden AND Thome looked terrible. They both have batspeed issues. It's a simple fact. And tonight, those enormous deficiencies are heightened against a good FB/CH pitcher.

Hey. I'm watching and rooting. I'm not the enemy.

There is not doubt both have some bat speed issues, but hopefully Teagarden is still just rusty. So far he looks like a bad double-A hitter. As for Thome, his bat still has some juice but he's no where near the hitter he was just two years ago.

Can't we just, like, root for the O's? It really sucks how everyone has to be a passenger on the U.S.S. MiseryLovesCompany if they want to participate in the game threads. Three runs is totally within reach, as is four more shutout innings from Britton.

Touche sir - if I had rep power (or knew how to) I'd dispense some love on you

Thome has not looked terrible and every DD acquisition has not been terrible. Just the one that's you want to select to drag out your ridiculous argument. Stop acting like a little girl.

Thome has not looked terrible and every DD acquisition has not been terrible. Just the one that's you want to select to drag out your ridiculous argument. Stop acting like a little girl.

Teagarden is here as a backup catcher, not for his bat, not that we need an automatic out.

I am kinda with him. Thome has looked pretty bad. He looks so bad when he strikes out, it is unreal. He does walk and hit a homerun every once in a while, that's good. But compared to a few years ago, he is lucky to be in the majors.

Can't we just, like, root for the O's? It really sucks how everyone has to be a passenger on the U.S.S. MiseryLovesCompany if they want to participate in the game threads. Three runs is totally within reach, as is four more shutout innings from Britton.

Or, you can shut your pie hole and not tell the rest of how we should feel. The game thread is for being a fan. The ups and the downs. It's supposed to be fun and that means people can pretty much say and do as they feel. Don't sit on your damn high horse and tell people how they are supposed to feel.

Archived