Boston Sportswriter supports Bobby V

Toonces

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1061152491&srvc=sports&position=4

Here's a great quote, "Most people recognize Valentine is getting screwed and they feel bad for him. He?s being carved up by whiny players, and ownership is listening to those whiny players."

I'd like to know who these "most people" are and why aren't they coming out publicly?

Discuss.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1061152491&srvc=sports&position=4

Here's a great quote, "Most people recognize Valentine is getting screwed and they feel bad for him. He?s being carved up by whiny players, and ownership is listening to those whiny players."

I'd like to know who these "most people" are and why aren't they coming out publicly?

Discuss.

I for one sincerely hope he comes back next season.

You all need to read Jeff Passan's article about the Red Sox players/front office meeting....WOW!

This is the best part:

From the beginning of the Red Sox's courtship of Valentine this offseason to the double-barreled votes of confidence last week, the match of the hard-nosed Bobby V with the laissez-faire Boston clubhouse seemed tenuous at best. It has proven far worse, personified best perhaps by a picture circulating around via text message, according to a fourth source.

Pedroia, notorious among teammates for his wit and humor, is in the foreground with a giddy smile, his tongue wagging and both thumbs up. Next to him is allegedly Valentine, face down on a table, apparently asleep. A caption accompanies the picture: "Our manager contemplating his lineup at 3:30 p.m."

Discuss.

Count me in as "most people". Obviously, based on stories of last season, the clubhouse was full of veterans who liked to play by their own rules and do whatever they wanted. Bobby V comes in and wants to set a more disciplined tone, which I believe the Sox needed. The clubhouse doesn't like having rules all of a sudden and is making it hard for Bobby. he's not one to mince words or *****foot around anything, so he called out Youkilis. Youkilis as a clubhouse leader was probably a ringleader in the anti-Bobby camp, coupled with an emerging prospect slash MLB starand that's why he got shipped out.

This is Bobby Vs first shot in the majors after being "banished" to Japan and ESPN these past few seasons. I find it hard to believe that he wants to risk this opportunity, with a prestigious team, by causing unnecessary media firestorms. That, and the fact that we know the Boston players are sore losers and don't like not being in charge, leads me to side with The Bob.

Archived