Fill in the blank: The last time the Orioles had a winning season, I was...

Goop

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...was not following baseball. I watched Cal break the streak but by then I was in my first year of college and I had completely lost interest. I got back into it in 2002 season after Cal was gone and I was done with college and had tons of free time. And the $5 upper reserve seats with a college ID certainly helped.

1997 was the year between my last year of high school and first year of college in Florida. It was the last year I lived in Maryland full time, and sometimes I wonder if I cursed the O's by moving away.

Let's see, that summer my friends and I drove around in my 94 Dodge Shadow (LOVED that car) catching ball games in Baltimore, Bowie and Richmond. I had a summer job as a busboy that I quit due to a tyrannical boss. My freshman year was pretty much wasted due to dealing with a relationship with a rather, um, unsteady girlfriend. I wouldn't meet my future wife until a year later. I do remember watching the Seattle ALDS from my dorm room. The ALCS was a haze to me, but maybe that's just because I blocked it out of my head.

Now I'm still living in Florida, married over 8 years, with two little girls ages 4 and 1. And I'm loving loving the Orioles again!

7 years old in first grade. I remember getting home from school and y mom and I calling and calling ticketmaster to try to get playoff tickets. That was when I learned what the redial button was. We ended up going to the clinching game of the ALDS and I remember a clebration in the streets afterwards with people waving Orioles flags. Hasn't happened much since.

Now I am 21 and in my senior year of college in Ithaca, NY and talking so much **** to my yankee fans friends that the house is starting to smell bad. My mom just sent me a link to get playoff tickets and in a few days I plan on pressing refresh over and over again on my laptop to try to get tickets.

Archived