10/3/2012: GAME 162 - Orioles at Rays

Don Quixote

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but wild card is hardly post-season. It's a speed bump to the real race. Everyone plays 162 games - O's play 163. That's hardly post-season. It's a rounding error. O's need to get past Rangers. Surely being 5th in the league is not what we are after.

Can we please blow up the position players in the off season and acquire some guys who are not as streaky as this? These roller coaster ride streaks of .000 for a month then .400 streaks for a couple of weeks are just unbearable. I want a club that can hit consistently. We've got pitching fairly well settled, but we have too many guys who are either white hot or ice cold.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I hope this is just emotion talking...

This is definitely an overreaction in the moment, but right now I honestly want Adam Jones to be designated for assignment. ASAP. I will probably turn around that feeling at some point, but right now I feel like someone should just slap him across his face and say, "Get a hold of yourself!" He's playing like the bag of balls he was when we first picked him up. What a regression.

I'm sorry but wild card is hardly post-season. It's a speed bump to the real race. Everyone plays 162 games - O's play 163. That's hardly post-season. It's a rounding error. O's need to get past Rangers. Surely being 5th in the league is not what we are after.

Umm, did you think the Orioles would even finish above .500 at the beginning of the year. I know I sure didn't. I'll take 5th best from where we came from.

This is definitely an overreaction in the moment, but right now I honestly want Adam Jones to be designated for assignment. ASAP. I will probably turn around that feeling at some point, but right now I feel like someone should just slap him across his face and say, "Get a hold of yourself!" He's playing like the bag of balls he was when we first picked him up. What a regression.

You think? ;)

Archived